mail settings in Joomla 4

phnoel87

Reaction score
Extensions are, for exemple Jcomments, Popfeed, isn't that the right word?
I don't receive the mail . This email doesn't exist, I don't know where Popfeed found it!

Can this help (see attached files)?

Attachments

• mail2.jpg
    mail2.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • mail1.jpg
    mail1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
Extensions are, for exemple Jcomments, Popfeed, isn't that the right word?
I don't receive the mail . This email doesn't exist, I don't know where Popfeed found it!

Can this help (see attached files)?
Your extensions should have some sort of settings. Maybe Softaculous installed software Joomla you can edit the install and change the admin email address. Not sure what is going on with your install.

phnoel87

Reaction score
That's it! I've found the right SMTP settings and the Convertforms mails are working. Now I just have to set up Jcomments.
Thank you for everything, especially your patience...

ctyrd

Reaction score
That's it! I've found the right SMTP settings and the Convertforms mails are working.
I installed joomla 5 at tbint.x10.mx. Oh my God! Soon to be history. Every mail template had to be configured. The phpmailer can be configured to use smtp auth (configuration.php). Once you set smtp auth. phpmail can be used. I registered a new account with user self activation. No activation email sent to the user. User was "Blocked" in admin > users > manage. Admin unblocked and activated. The user could use the forgot password link and the password reset email was sent/received! Reset password successful.

Permissions are so complex, it would take me a month of 8 hr days to get familiar with Joomla. Have not even used an extension/plugin yet. Glad to hear you're making progress on your project.