Mailing list fails to deliver the message

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclan

Reaction score
hi, im on a add-free server (absolut)

for the past few days, mailing list subscriptions havnt been delivering confirmation of signup emails.

I know the mailing list was working fine on the 3rd as i had 14 new members sign up, and later accept the email.

i have tried 3 different mailing accounts, 2 on gmail, 1 on mailinator

none got it, not in spam folder, nothing.

Is their anything wrong with SMTP or something? the server up down page says its up

thanks for your assistance.
-Kevin

ps: here is the signup page
http://maclanclub.x10hosting.com/mailman/listinfo/members_maclanclub.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

maclan

Reaction score
alright i upgraded, will report back when 24hours is up.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. I'll leave this open, if there is no response in 48 hours it will automatically close.

-Corey

maclan

Reaction score
As a test, i disabled the welcome email option, saved, then enabled, saved again and tried another email to sign up.

Nope, still no mail goes through.

im completely puzzled

-Kevin

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you check the error log in your cPanel and see if it has anything about mail failing?

maclan

Reaction score
[Sun Sep 07 11:03:06 2008] [error] [client 65.92.44.40] File does not exist: /home/maclan/public_html/favicon.ico

is all that is in there... didn't notice my icon wasnt working until now :), now at least thats fixed.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
In the directory your mailing list is in, is there a file called "error_log"?

maclan

Reaction score
In the directory your mailing list is in, is there a file called "error_log"?

Where would this folder be located?? i looked around (ouside of public_html) and coulnt find mailing list folder... its the mailing list built into cpanel in case their was confusion

would you like to look around the admin interface of the mailing list ? i can PM you the pass if you want.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
The error_log Brandon is referring to would probably be in /mail/. If you go one folder up (into /) you should see a bunch of folders and files related to your actual account, not pages that users would normally see though. Try browsing through the /mail/ folder for the error_log, although it might be in one of the child folders.

maclan

Reaction score
I hunted around the /mail/ folder for 30minutes and could not find a file called error or log, or anything like that. I found a bunch of old emails i sent as kevin@maclanclub.x10hosting.com and some sent to mailing list as well.

Thanks again for your help, i appreciate how fast x10 is to reply!
Edit:
update: i performed more debugging.. i created a new mailing list , all stock settings, and tried adding two people to the list via the standard subscribe page... no confirmation emails received after 10minutes.

:(

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you able to send mails through your webmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.