Mailman: no email confirmation sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif7463

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Mailman, which I discovered through cPanel. I have it set up to simply require email confirmation. However, no email confirmation is ever sent. I also checked my list admin email account to see if it possibly went there, but no, not there either. Is there some setting I am missing, or is there something broken with it?

Here's a link to my list: http://lhsmath.co.cc/mailman/listinfo/news_lhsmath.co.cc

Thanks.
Edit:
Update:

I also tried changing the settings so that only permission from a list moderator was necessary, however, after trying to subscribe no email was sent to the list mod. Furthermore, trying to post the mailing list with the list admin account also fails to work (no record of the posted message exists in the mailing archive).

Mailman isn't able to send/receive any emails?

Last edited:

saif7463

Reaction score
Another update...

So I tried setting up Mailman on some random hosting service, all using default settings, and it worked immediately.

Could anyone do me a favor and try setting up a list (it's "Mailing lists" found under Mail in cPanel), and try subscribing to it? It would be nice to know if I'm doing something wrong or there is a problem out of my hands.

This is killing me :dunno:

saif7463

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is not my problem, as I am on the Lotus server.

But thanks for the reply!

lhyman

Reaction score
open a support ticket..

in the cpanel under your mail settings, it will tell you what smtp server you are to use, remember the x10 smptp server in only meant for scripts on your site and not for your home email, Now I noticed that you are running a Perl script, you have to make sure you have setup in the script your sendmail settings (also from the cpanel)

also, the reason I suggest you open a ticket, is if you are sending mail from a mailing list, it might be considered spam and blocked on the mail server, so you better check with the x10n staff about what's going on, they might not even want you running that script....

saif7463

Reaction score
Mailman is pre-installed in cPanel, so I assumed that it would already be okay with the x10 staff. With that said, the perl scripts, if any, are self-managed by Mailman, so I can't really configure any SMTP stuff.

In any case, I have opened a support ticket, as I can't find any fault of my own to have caused it to fail. Mailman on other hosts seems to work out-of-the-box, and searching the forums has shown me that others have used Mailman successfully (while those who have not have rarely received a reply :\ )

Thanks for the reply.

saif7463

Reaction score
Yes, I did, as I mentioned in my last post...

Anyway, all of the mailing that was supposed to happen 3 days ago, occurred today. I tried a second test just now and it worked immediately. So for now, it seems as though the problem has resolved itself.

Until it acts up again, I am satisfied. Thanks all for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.