Main Page Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedcrowstudio70

Reaction score
I've installed Joomla and I want my main page, domain.x10.mx to be my main page using Joomla. The problem I am encountering is that the main page keeps displaying a navy blue screen with the the box message underneath that keeps saying welcome to x10 hosting! How do I get rid of this page and make my joomla page default without having to type my full email address followed by /index.php ?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Delete the index.html file inside your public_html directory. The default index that is accessed first is .html, so deleting that one will cause the server to serve up the only other available index page which is your .php one.

wickedcrowstudio70

Reaction score
Delete the index.html file inside your public_html directory. The default index that is accessed first is .html, so deleting that one will cause the server to serve up the only other available index page which is your .php one.

I tried removing the index.html_ which is one of the index files that has the html extension but that did not work. I still get the blue screen ad.

But I did find a work around which is type www. in the search bar with my address. So am I only given www.domain.x10.mx and not just domain.x10.mx?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please clear your browser's cache. I can see your site just fine with and without the www.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You're welcome. :D Thank you for choosing x10hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.