Make A Cool Advanced Brushed Sig

redtailblackshark

Reaction score
Ok, Now you should start off with a sig of about 450x150

11fr.jpg

Now Fill The Background With Black:

<edit<fill

24uo.jpg

Now your sig should look black. Now start brushing with brushes. I recommend metal cx's sparkle brushes, which can be found here

Make sure to brush all your image in white.

When you're done brushing, it should look something like this:

30dn.jpg

Now Duplicate The Layer. and then on the first layer go <image>adjustments>hue /saturation> amd click colorise, and choose whatever color you would like:

45ko1.jpg

When you're done with the first layer, do the same thing for the second layer your duplicated earlier, but choose a slightly different color. when their both done, it should look something like this, depending on your color:

56zf.jpg

Ok, now grab your eraser tool, and choose a sparkle brush as the eraser, erase some of the top layer, so the two colors look blended in.

After your done erasing, go layer, merge down.

Your image should look something like this now:

64qh.jpg

Ok, now make a brand new layer, and start brushing with the sparkle brushes, or other brushes, in white overtop of the other layer. set the blending mode to overlay, then make a new layer, and do the same, but with black. do this as many times as needed to get the desired effect you would like.

Once finished, your image should look something like this:

77rn.jpg

Now do a google search and look for a good render, once you find one, paste it into your sig, resize if necessary. and erase all the places until it is just the image, no background from the render.

Once finished, your sig should look something like this:

86nb.jpg

Set the render layer to hard light, and then duplicate the render layer, and set that to overlay.

Your sig should look something like this now:

95cf.jpg

Now make a new layer, and select the rectanfulat marquee tool, make a rectangle large enough to fit your username, and make it all the way acrost the sig, and fill it with black.

It should look like this:

104pd.jpg

Now lower the opacity down to about 25 or so, and erase the black on top of the render.

It should look like this now:

111no.jpg

Make a new layer.Now select the single row marquee tool, and set the line right on the outside of the black line we just made, select stroke (edit>stroke) and stroke 1px black on both sides. erase the line that goes on top of the render.

It should look something like this now:

126na.jpg

Now make a 1px black border around the image (edit> stroke on background later) and all you need is text.

Once your done with the text, your image should look something like this:

137vj.jpg

That's It! You're Done! I hope you enjoyed this tut!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Are you making all these tuts yourslef? or are you just copying them off the internet.

redtailblackshark

Reaction score
I made them myself, if i stole them, that's plagerism, and there's big penalties for that. I would never do that.

Matthews255

Reaction score
thats sweet, and im lovin your OS layout.

the blue and silver tech style.

kaozskyblade

Reaction score
Yes redtail, your tuts are awsome. I havent had time to test them out, but i will, because the results look really cool, and i want to learn how to use PS

samtong

Reaction score
Hi redtailblackshark,

Cool tutorial. Am sorry I may have missed it but what software were you using?
Thanks

flankerdin

Reaction score
Nice tutorials!!!
I will try this asap..
and if it works then only ill show to public
If not, I pretend that i never do the sig xp

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
Ill do it, and i won't care if it comes out crappy, ill post it. So ill put it on in like 30 min.

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
I did mine in like 5 min.... i tried to do it really quick, just so i could say i did it.. ;)

kaozskyblade

Reaction score
I did a sig out of this tut too. I made another thread in the graphics section already, but I think I should include one here too, since this is where i got the tut from. Hope admins don't consider this spamming:eek4dance :S.

websig.jpg

Fatality

Reaction score
You will be fine. You are posting your finished work here, and asking for a rate in the other topic. Don't worry about it.

flankerdin

Reaction score
kaozskyblade said:
I did a sig out of this tut too. I made another thread in the graphics section already, but I think I should include one here too, since this is where i got the tut from. Hope admins don't consider this spamming:eek4dance :S.

websig.jpg

Nice colour..
Wow good job..
Keep up your good works..

kaozskyblade

Reaction score
thx :) yours is pretty cool to :)
I had never used Photoshop before, but now that I know how many cool things you can do with it, I think I will probably use it more often. PS Rocks :p