Make A Website

flankerdin

Reaction score
Well i dont know what software is the best to make a good website..
Now im using DreamWeaver MX but i dont like the table view...
Can someone suggest a good one?:homestar:

funindia

Reaction score
Selection of software depends according to your needs. If you are biginer try Microsoft FrontPage, comes bundle with MS Ofiice, It is the best web authoring tool for newer one. Creating Tables, adding Frames are quite easy. Just like any Word Processor. Note that from MS Office 2003 and above name has changed to Publisher.

In other hand DreamWeaver is quite good too. If you are biginer to this world first try to use old version of DreamWeaver or FrontPage.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Dreamweaver mx is good just need sum good tutorials on it at first i was lost, Frontpage is the easiest though with alot of step by step guiding.

-Daniel

Reaction score
Frontpage is very easy to learn but if you want, save yourself the trouble of switching from frontpage to dreamweaver and just use dreamweaver. ;) You'll find it to be much better once you get used to it.

NewFuture

Reaction score
i use frontpage, never tried dreamweaver even though i have it
frontpage helped me to produce my site:
www.newfuture.tk
with help from photoshop of course

limelight

Reaction score
Use Frontpage.

Although you should try to start with just plain HTML in a notepad. Otherwise you may become reliant like me.

Matthews255

Reaction score
lol, i use that at school sometimes.

I stared with FrontPage and learned html from that. And with help from

http://www.w3schools.com

Then i started using DW with html knowledge, otherwise if you cant code, FP is the best.
Just like using Publisher.

asianu

Reaction score
I code in notepad because it's so easy, then I just preview it using my browser. If I'm offline, I use HTML Edit since it can preview php pages.

However, since I've been using CMS and bulletin board programs lately, I usually just make skins now instead of full sites.

flankerdin

Reaction score
Im using Dream Weaver but i dont know how to make the table look alike table from frontpage....If you know what i mean.....

NewFuture

Reaction score
limelight said:
Use Frontpage.

Although you should try to start with just plain HTML in a notepad. Otherwise you may become reliant like me.

ye start using notepad thats what i did, got to grips with the html code itself, then it just got easier using frontpage

NewFuture

Reaction score
ironcross77 said:
For html use dreamweaver
for php use rapid php 2005

what kind of things can u do on rapid php 2005? i might check it out if you recommend it

n4tec

Reaction score
I use dreamweaver MX for everything from php to css... I also use flash mx...

flankerdin

Reaction score
Seems like dream weaver is a top rated software....
But im not expertise with it...
Grab a book and learn !

n4tec

Reaction score
In the begin, I taught my self FrontPage till i mastered it them I got a copy of Dreamweaver and i still taught my self and i mastered it without any single book or tutorial try that out... there is a dreamweaver like s\ware but for Adobe... i cannot remember the name but it is very good...

limelight

Reaction score
nforchange said:
In the begin, I taught my self FrontPage till i mastered it them I got a copy of Dreamweaver and i still taught my self and i mastered it without any single book or tutorial try that out... there is a dreamweaver like s\ware but for Adobe... i cannot remember the name but it is very good...

You shouldn't require a tutorial or book for Dreamweaver or Frontpage because they're supposed to be easy to use.

Matthews255

Reaction score
once you have a few templates done in DW you can do it over and over, and you become more aware of what you need to do when you slice a PSD.