Make other people access my Database (SQL)

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Hey guys!

well I have a Private server, and it runs off a Database.

Right now x10 won't allow me to let its HTTP connect to my database, so I can't have a script making accounts on x10. so my alternative to this is have two of my close friends and my self make accounts. It's a pretty popular server, so I can't do ALL the work.

Currently we're using Navicat 8 to edit the database, I did this command on my SQL cmd Console

Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO Server1[EMAIL="root@%27xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"]@'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[/EMAIL]' IDENTIFIED BY 'Server1_PASSWORD';

in this Server1 is my User, and @ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of the guy connecting ( I also did this with my OWN IP)

Now when ever I go to Navicat, I can connect uising Server1 and its password to Localhost, but not my IP...

When I gave them my IP so they connect to my SQL, they get the same error message..

I'm pretty sure I have Port 3306 open cause my server is able to save progress and accept incoming connections..

Any idea on how to let my friends access my DB??

Thanks.

~Blaze

hopper

Reaction score
hmm
im unfortunatly not very good at php coding but perhaps i can toss out the idea and maybe someone who knows how to code php can pick up on the idea
correct me if i'm wrong but you have a 'private' server that is dabase driven and you want your x10 hosting page to be a frontend for your server?
does the 'private' server have its own web server with a php, asp or some other server side interpreted language? if so perhaps you could simply get a script on your x10 site to pass the required data to a another script on your 'private' server (along with an encrypted verification hash to make sure that your script is sending the data) as POST values and if necessary also the ability to request data via POST and have it reply via POST to the frontend script (again with an encrypted verification hash)

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Actually, that's not what I want. I can do that, cause the server has a php script that can do that. But X10 won't allow my IP into the firewall so X10's HTTP can not connect to my mySQL DB..

So What I want is a way for my friends to connect to my Database hosted on my computer (hosted with MySQL 5.0 community). They could a program or what every they can to connect to my computer directly...

~Blaze

hopper

Reaction score
right, so have a php script on x10 that acts as a proxy so to speak?

Blazer9131

Reaction score
right, so have a php script on x10 that acts as a proxy so to speak?

I have no Idea what that means.. o_O

why is there a need of a proxy?

I just need a way for someone to connect to the MySQL DB on my computer... >.<

~Blaze

hopper

Reaction score
a proxy is like a middle man or go-between
if you cant connect direclty then have something else read the data locally and pass it on

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Hmm can you help me set one of them up please?

I just need a script, I can understand everything else =D

Thanks for the help..

Oh my router is acting really really g**, it won't accept any other Port but the 1st one I open, which has to be the Game port cause w/o it it Won't run...

~Blaze

javayathzee

Reaction score
Hmm, I've tried successfully to connect to external mySQL servers from x10, but not visa versa. sorry :)

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Hmm, How did you do that? o.o I've been trying to connect x10's HTTP with my mySQL database which is hosted on my PC, but nothing..

Any tips? I'm a pretty good coder but this I think is firewalled on x10's side...

~Blaze

t2t2t

Reaction score
I can't get on cPanel right now but on it go to "Remote connections" or something under MySQL group and there enter your IP. After that you can connect from your computer to MySQL database.

EDIT: Got on, Databases -> Remote MySQL (duh) -> Add your ip to the list

Last edited:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
ok, so on my computer, the application should connect to which Server? my Shared IP Address, or mysql.x10hosting.com (found in the remote IP address thing.)

Thanks btw, I had my IP here before, but I completely forgot about it xD

~Blaze