Make Partition Copy

plecosword

Reaction score
I have a Macbook pro, I want to copy just the partition of windows with the software. as of now it is using 9.62 GB out of 22.8 GB, How can I do that? with what software...?
Also how would I restore the patition without messing up the bootcamp or Mac os?

danprobo

Reaction score
Try Norton Ghost, i always use that software to clone entire my HDD or just one partition.

plecosword

Reaction score
Try Norton Ghost, i always use that software to clone entire my HDD or just one partition.
Thanks! I will give it a shot
Edit:
there is no trial for Norton Ghost, I Think I will try Clonezilla.
Which is vertter though? Clonezilla or Partimage?

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Clonezilla is very good. I'd suggest you give that one a try.

plecosword

Reaction score
I found something perfect for what im am trying to do, Winclone. It runs on mac Leopard and it will create an image of bootcamp, I don't think the image is bootable but you can easily restore it. Im not sure if it can back up the mac partition also.

steronius

Reaction score
I found something perfect for what im am trying to do, Winclone. It runs on mac Leopard and it will create an image of bootcamp, I don't think the image is bootable but you can easily restore it. Im not sure if it can back up the mac partition also.

I've used clonezilla quite a few times.... I wasn't sure about MacOSX, but the website says it does support the HFS+ format:

straight off the front-page of http://clonezilla.org/:
Filesystem supported: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, and HFS+ of Mac OS. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS windows and Intel-based Mac OS, no matter it's 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in partition are saved and restored. For unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla.

Last edited:

plecosword

Reaction score
Clonezilla is still a little fuzzy for me right now. Does anyone know what Mac's disk utility can do?