Making PHP to html to be Search Engine friendly

hezuo

Reaction score
Hi there. I've heard that static pages are easily indexed by search engines like Google. I've searched over the web and in the forums and most people say that i gotta edit the htacccess and use mode rewrite. To be sincere, I don't know how to do it. Can anyone explain me know how to do it? thanks in advance.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Check to see if you have a .htaccess file anywhere. If you do add the code that follows to each .htaccess file. If you don't have it, open a text editor and type the code in. Save it as htaccess. Upload that text file to the root directory except change the title to .htaccess
CODE FOR .htaccess :
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

Add those two lines and mod_rewrite is enabled. Please post if something doesn't work. :)

TarouSensei

Reaction score
On top of the tidbit aopsftw gave, you will need to set a Rewrite for the URLs you want. Depending on the situation, this part of your .htaccess will look something like:
Code:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?yoursite.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteRule /dir/(.*)\.html /script.php?var=$1
This should send the contents of "/script.php?var=TEXT" to the user when he accesses "/dir/TEXT.html"
To Google, this will appear to be a static HTML page, helping you in PageRank.
For more than one var, just use more "$n"s, where n represents which piece of the regexp in your rewrite rule that should be used.

Last edited: