Resolved Maria DB 10.6.7

gruposabemas

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to install Moodle 4.3 with softaculous but it doesn't allow me as it says it needs MariaDB 10.6.7. How can I fix that?

ctyrd

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to install Moodle 4.3 with softaculous but it doesn't allow me as it says it needs MariaDB 10.6.7. How can I fix that?
The latest official update of Moodle 4.3. Requires: PHP 8.0, MariaDB 10.6.7 or MySQL 8.0 or Postgres 13 or MSSQL 2017 or Oracle 19c.

Go to DirectAdmin Extra Features > Select PHP versions. Select and activate the PHP version you want, and the php extensions require.

Last edited:

gruposabemas

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your answer. Hoerver, the problem is that MariaDB is in an old version, not the PHP. How can MariaDB be updated? It is through the PHP version selector?

ctyrd

Reaction score
If you set the php version, to 8.2.5, the softaculous installer should install a MySQL database for "Moodle LMS".

I can't do it today, but I'll install it when I can. Post the results.

gruposabemas

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks again for your reply. I'll write what happens:
1.- The maximmun PHP version I can install y 8.2 (I suppose there should be no diference between that and 8.2.5).
2.- After installing 8.2, I try to upodate Moodle through softaculous and I still receive the error:
  • Required MARIADB version greater than equal to 10.6.7 AND found version is : 10.3.28
I'll wait to your reply.
Thanks again.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
what he is saying is install a lower version of Moodle for now.
until they get a chance to update a stable release of MARIADB

spyker88

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to update the database version? The following version is currently on the server X15: 10.3.39-MariaDB-cll-lve.

Many thanks in advance :)

ctyrd

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to update the database version? The following version is currently on the server X15: 10.3.39-MariaDB-cll-lve.

Many thanks in advance :)
Staff updates server software. The real question is how to install Moodle with one of the other supported databases.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have updated the database version on your hosted server to the latest available at this time.