Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirestormMasa

Reaction score
The release date came out of nowhere!

Anybody else excited to pick up a copy of it this weekend?

URAMetroid

Reaction score
I knew about the US release date for a few weeks now, but yes, I'm excited :biggrin:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Not me, don't have a Wii but Mario Cart is very fun. I remember the n64 version :D

Pi606

Reaction score
YES! I am excited to see how the WiiWheel adds to the game. I think it should be a great addition to the MarioKart series.

advaudit

Reaction score
Does it use the wii features, or is it just like those games where you use the buttons only? I hope Nintendo didn't screw this one up...

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I already have 11 wii games, and I got bored of most of them. Mario Kart is an OKAY game, so I'm not going to buy it. The only game I would buy next for wii is if its GOOD. I need better than average. Brawl was a disappointment for me it was like melee x 1.2

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Wii has had a bad time selling games; it's proven that Nintendo can only sell remakes of games that is has milked hundreds of times.

I imagine the next way for Nintendo to make profit is to make a controller exclusive to each game (Mario Kart has the wheel as I hear it's quite hard with a Wiimote, Wii Fit has that board device, so what next?)

All this proprietary gear makes this console less appealing. It makes a good secondary console, but will never unseat the power that 360s and PS3s have

VPmase

Reaction score
IMO MarioKart Wii isn't going to be a game to buy for me. I'd play/rent it but I won't buy it.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Wii has had a bad time selling games; it's proven that Nintendo can only sell remakes of games that is has milked hundreds of times.

I imagine the next way for Nintendo to make profit is to make a controller exclusive to each game (Mario Kart has the wheel as I hear it's quite hard with a Wiimote, Wii Fit has that board device, so what next?)

All this proprietary gear makes this console less appealing. It makes a good secondary console, but will never unseat the power that 360s and PS3s have

This looks like a good thread. I don't own a Wii, I'm just commenting on experience from using them at others' places.

You've got a good point there. Nintendo only seems to push games like Super Mario Brothers and the like. I'm not trying to sound rude here, but I think Nintendo have targeted a younger audience with the Wii, the majority of the best console for games are for the PS3 or the Xbox 360. I can't see many first person shooters making their way on to the Wii :p

I think Nintendo are struggling to be honest, they've always made platform games and things have moved on from that now. They're trying to keep up with technology but they're always going to be playing catch up to Microsoft and Sony.

The Wii isn't a bad console, I like the revolutionary idea of the controller, but its graphics just seem to let the rest of the console down.

-Luke.

URAMetroid

Reaction score
This looks like a good thread. I don't own a Wii, I'm just commenting on experience from using them at others' places.

You've got a good point there. Nintendo only seems to push games like Super Mario Brothers and the like.
Whats wrong with pushing flagship titles, they all do it ;)

I'm not trying to sound rude here, but I think Nintendo have targeted a younger audience with the Wii, the majority of the best console for games are for the PS3 or the Xbox 360. I can't see many first person shooters making their way on to the Wii :p
I for one don't care who they target, as long as they keep making games that I find appealing. But I find that the Wii has a lot of potential for first person shooters with its controller.

I think Nintendo are struggling to be honest, they've always made platform games and things have moved on from that now. They're trying to keep up with technology but they're always going to be playing catch up to Microsoft and Sony.
But are they? If Nintendo was trying to keep up with technology like Microsoft and Sony, wouldn't there console have a faster CPU, GPU and more memory?

The Wii isn't a bad console, I like the revolutionary idea of the controller, but its graphics just seem to let the rest of the console down.
At first I felt the same way, but do complex graphics make games better?

tomjkear

Reaction score
I am surprised at what I am hearing in this thread. I am a big gamer and have been hugely surprised at the reception the Wii has received.

I am a Games Technology student so spend a lot of my time with other gamers and I was under the exact opposite impression of the views that I am hearing here.

Nintendo are by no means chasing their rivals, they are basically walking in circles around them as far as sales and revenue go.

In terms of a target audience they are opening up the market to much wider audiences, which is what they have been saying since before the launch of the Wii. The console is bringing gaming to people that you would least expect, many of which are adults, even the elderly.

Back on topic, I am literally gagging to get my hands on Mario Kart Wii, its sold out everywhere and Mrs is supposed to be getting me it for my birthday so the shops better get stocked up pretty sharpish :p

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Whats wrong with pushing flagship titles, they all do it ;)

I for one don't care who they target, as long as they keep making games that I find appealing. But I find that the Wii has a lot of potential for first person shooters with its controller.

But are they? If Nintendo was trying to keep up with technology like Microsoft and Sony, wouldn't there console have a faster CPU, GPU and more memory?

At first I felt the same way, but do complex graphics make games better?

Hi there,

I honestly do, yes. I like games to have a realistic set of graphics. I like them looking 3D. Graphics are, to me at least, an important part of a game. I'm not saying the Wii is a bad console, I just think it's a little lacking graphics wise.

But for the price and the controller, it's not a bad console, just that I'd prefer a PS3, if I had the money.
-Luke.

Benno123

Reaction score
I got this game on its release in Australia, the 24th and it's a really good game. The Wii Wheel controls are solid, but the analogue stick is better. It's pretty much the same as any other Mario Kart game really. There isn't much that's new in it but it's still good.
The online part of the game is great though! I'm not too good at versing the Japanese because they're so damn good but I win a lot of continental races!

zeroninja

Reaction score
It's really fun online I got it a few days back. Great when wow maintenance is on. The gameplay is hardly an upgrade from Mario Kart DS, but 12 player online is unmissable =)

Yeah there are alot of Japs playing really fun.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
LOL i get scared when I see japanese people, I know I ain't getting first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.