Matomo Stopped Working - Missing php-json extension

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
I installed Matomo and it was working, but it now is getting the following error. I verified that the "json" extension is checked. I tried unchecking it, exiting, and rechecking to see if it would reinstall. No luck. I also tried to remove and reinstall Matomo and I still get the error.
1684497891340.png

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
OK, so I created a phpinfo page and saw that '--disable-json' is included in the /configure command. Given that PHP 8+ has JSON enabled by default, I bumped up the version 8.2. The '--disable-json' option is still there, but it looks like JSON is now enabled.

Awesome, no error, but now I just get a blank Matomo page. Now what?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10 free does not officially provide any script support.

maybe someone that uses Matomo can assist you.
but keep in mind it might take a while for someone to reply,

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
Understood. Thanks for letting me know. I did determine that the blank page is happening because it is getting an "Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted" error (log excerpt below). PHP does have a memory limit setting, which was set to 128MB (exactly what the error says). I tried increasing it but it still gets the same error. I'll keep working at it.

Code:
thrown in /home/ywrklpql/domains/fairwaydrive.org/public_html/piwik/core/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 35
2023-05-19 08:46:41.568605 [NOTICE] [2623077] [72.83.138.103:62705:HTTP2-15#APVH_www.fairwaydrive.org:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 147456 bytes) in /home/ywrklpql/domains/fairwaydrive.org/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php on line 131
2023-05-19 08:51:59.369348 [NOTICE] [2660337] [72.83.138.103:62984:HTTP2-15#APVH_www.fairwaydrive.org:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "Piwik\Db\Adapter\MYSQLI_OPT_LOCAL_INFILE" in /home/ywrklpql/domains/fairwaydrive.org/public_html/piwik/core/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:35
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ywrklpql/domains/fairwaydrive.org/public_html/piwik/core/Db/Adapter.php(49): Piwik\Db\Adapter\Mysqli->__construct()

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
Form Tools doesn't work either. It complains about the PDO class not being there, despite the pdo extension being checked.

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
I tried to switch to PHP 7.2 native and both Matomo and Form Tools started working. However Matmomo gives me a warning about PHP 7.2 being end-of-life, so it would be good if I could at least get 7.4 working somehow.

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
The /configure command shown in the phpinfo page I uploaded has many disable flags set, including "--disable-json" and "--disable-pdo", which would explain the errors I got specific to those extensions when trying to run Matomo and Form Tools with PHP 7.4 and 8+.

Does this mean the free hosting here only allows you to use the end-of-life version of PHP 7.2, which exposes my site to security vulnerabilities and bugs?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Does this mean the free hosting here only allows you to use the end-of-life version of PHP 7.2, which exposes my site to security vulnerabilities and bugs?
im on the x15 server, i see options to use php 8.2 with the extra extensions,
php 7.2 is not the only version available, you should also be able to use newer version.

find 'extra features' then select php version,
from the drop menu select the version you want to use and click apply,
after setting your desired php verion as the current you can see the available extensions,

fairwaydrivesafety

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help, but I mentioned that I have switched versions of PHP a few times, and checked and unchecked the required extensions, but they don't actually get enabled. In my phpinfo page the /configure command shows many extensions, including the ones I need, being disabled when the PHP version was compiled. I am on the x13 server, and 7.2 appears to be the only one that works for me right now. Based on other posts, it sounds like this kind of things has happened before on various servers and the admins eventually fix it.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i have requested a staff member to review your post,.
it might be a while for a response from them.
i suggest you wit to hear from them.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help, but I mentioned that I have switched versions of PHP a few times, and checked and unchecked the required extensions, but they don't actually get enabled. In my phpinfo page the /configure command shows many extensions, including the ones I need, being disabled when the PHP version was compiled. I am on the x13 server, and 7.2 appears to be the only one that works for me right now. Based on other posts, it sounds like this kind of things has happened before on various servers and the admins eventually fix it.
I am on x13 and x10 free and the json is enabled on php 8.1. https://tbint.us/phpinfo.php