May I set up a private Ampache music server, alongside my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cCorE

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to discuss with an admin about a special permisson to upload files, which are not directly related to my site. Please note that I am aware of the Terms of Service. I would like to host a private (only for myself) Ampache server, alongside my normal blog. This would require me, to upload music files to my account. The purpose of that would be that I would be able to listen to music on my android device from time to time. While, in my opinion, this isn't file hosting, I am aware of the fact, that I am only allowed to host files, which are related to my site. These audio files would obviously NOT be related to my site, which is why I am politely asking you to make an exception, allowing me to host the files for streaming them for myself.
sincerely cCorE :biggrin:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't have a way to give one account an exception at this time; it'll be up to the discretion of whoever ends up reviewing your account at the time if it's suspendable or not, and if it is it'd fall under Copyright Infringement, which would indeed be permanent.

cCorE

Reaction score
Is it copyright infringement if the files are not accessable by the public? So there is no way I can be granted an exception? What a shame :(

Status
Not open for further replies.