McAfee warning for x10hosting.com

demigoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor is RED FLAGGING x10hosting sites!

I've run into this problem myself and as a result several potential members have emailed me to advise that they didn't want to take the risk.

Despite explaining to them in brief how the system works they were unwilling to go forth with it.

This McAfee site warning issue is a problem.

I think X10 should take a more active approach to curing this.

I am reposting this in this thread which looks to be like "THE" McAfee thread.

Hi I am just setting up a site here, returning after being away for a year or so.

Both the x10hosting.com domain and the exofire.net domain which my site is newly hosted on are getting red flagged by McAfee SiteAdvisor software which is packaged with our internet service for British customers of the ISP British Telecom.

It looks like x10hosting staff know all about it because they commented on McAfee

x10hosting.com Web site owner comments (1)

Unfortunately, McAfee don't seem to list the precise subdomain which links to the problem sites, thus making it 1,000 times harder for x10hosting to track down the culprit users.

So is it worth us users reporting this red flagging, do people reckon? Are x10hosting support staff on the case on an ongoing basis?

It certainly would be nice to get a clean bill of health for x10hosting from McAfee because browsers of our user sites may suspect our user sites because of the red flagging by McAfee.

FangerZero

Reaction score
I'll tell you now if you still have McAfee go get Avast now. Avast is 100% free, to the point of you have to register every year, Giving email, name, and typing in some code. But the only virus I ever got while using Avast was from my own stupidity. It was the infamous MSN virus, but with two scans done by avast it was gone. I really need to pay attention to what I'm doing that's all. Anyways ya I know it doesn't solver your McAfee/x10hosting issue, but Avast is a better protector.