Meet Frank, a Super-fast, Lightweight, Open Source WordPress Theme

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're using WordPress for a blog or personal/technical periodical and just want to let the info speak for itself clearly and elegantly, then you might want to try this theme. See the feature article at Smashing Magazine.

Frank is a super-light, fast, high-performance theme that will really cut down on the server resources WordPress uses. It's also a responsive design, and will work well on anything from a smart phone to a large desktop monitor. If you're using WP as a complex CMS, it may not be right for you, but for a blog or news site, it's hard to beat. It's free (gratis and libre) open-source (FLOSS), and you're welcome to customize it if you really need to (but please take it easy on the graphics; that just undoes everything Frank is meant to accomplish). And you're welcome to fork it on Github.

Note: this is not my work; the credit goes to P. J. Onori. It's just the fastest WP theme I've ever seen, has a clean and clear minimalist look, and is very well coded, so I thought it was worth passing along. If I had my way, it would be the default theme for WP.

Jesse

Reaction score
Hey it's a nice theme. I will definitely bookmark it for future use :)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool... yada yada, blah blah, blah.

Why did you post this? It's not relevant to the thread, and it adds nothing to the forum or the community.