memmory exhausted error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickbox

Prime Account
Reaction score
I upgraded to prime membership specifically to avail the 128mb memory instead of the 64mb in free hosting.

But I still get the following error message
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14032 bytes) in XXXXX/xxx

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The double allowed cpu/memory doesn't change the php configuration, it increases the limits you have towards the High Resource Usage suspensions.

kickbox

Prime Account
Reaction score
The double allowed cpu/memory doesn't change the php configuration, it increases the limits you have towards the High Resource Usage suspensions.
here is says the memory limit is 128mb http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison for illuminated which should be the same for prime accounts aswell.
Please suggest an alternative to run this script. I want it to run. Will Illluminated account solve the issue? I cannot opt for premium x10.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Illuminated is on a different server, and prime is still on free hosting servers, so no. Prime accounts still have the same php configuration with the rest of free hosting.

What script are you trying to run?

Last edited:

kickbox

Prime Account
Reaction score
Illuminated is on a different server, and prime is still on free hosting servers, so no. Prime accounts still have the same php configuration with the rest of free hosting.

What script are you trying to run?

Its my own image processing script. Do you think getting illuminated will solve the issue?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Illuminated might solve the issue, otherwise you could look into optimizing your image processing script to use less memory. Unlike prime, Illuminated does double the allowed PHP memory to the 128MB you saw.

A way to optimize might be to process the image in smaller chunks, then join the chunks at the end.

kickbox

Prime Account
Reaction score
Illuminated might solve the issue, otherwise you could look into optimizing your image processing script to use less memory. Unlike prime, Illuminated does double the allowed PHP memory to the 128MB you saw.

A way to optimize might be to process the image in smaller chunks, then join the chunks at the end.

My code is already optimised. The WideImage php class is creating the error.
looking at my error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14032 bytes)
does that mean having 67108864 + 14032 bytes for memory will solve my problem. IF yes I would gladly opt for illuminated.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Illuminated will give you more memory, unfortunately those error messages about memory exhausted are rather misleading, so it is uncertain whether or not 128MB will be enough (although it should, unless you're operating on very large images)

If anything the allowed memory size increases from 67108864 bytes to 134217728 bytes (aka it doubles)

Please note that the move to the illuminated server must be done manually by staff, so it could take a bit after purchasing to actually get on the right server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.