Message about no site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattinso

Reaction score
I just tried to do the obligatory sign-in to CPanel and get the message

"You don't have any websites added. Create one and begin your online presence today!"

I see one. It's there. Why is the system telling me it isn't? Because of this I can't get to CPanel. Did something change I don't know about?

wolfrunn

Reaction score
Try clicking "Domains" and see if it's listed there. That's where mine are listed.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
You don't have any websites added
try - click the green "Add Website" button in the top-right, and create a new "Custom Website". This should bring back the options you are familiar with. Assuming you make sure you choose "custom website", this will not change any of your files

gundament

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. What you guys don't understand is that we already made our website. We already have files and a website online. Now it's acting like we never set anything up.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A "website" in the x10 "user-friendly" cPanel theme is what you'd call a "project" or a "collection" in other software. Yes, you can have all of the files you need uploaded to the server (and have a database going as planned, etc.) but until it's entered as a "website" in the cPanel Basic theme, it's not a "website" no matter how much it looks like one when you visit it from the web. If the nomenclature bothers you, then switch your cPanel theme to the full-mashings, not-so-friendly version.

pattinso

Reaction score
Since I've had a "website" for a couple years here, why is it this month is the first time I've seen the message about no website. Up until this month I got into CPanel with no problem. What changed?
How do I change my CPanel theme when I have no CPanel this month?

All I know is something changed this month, I don't have a CPanel access anymore, and you (X10) like to cancel sites if we don't log into CPanel.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The thing you have to log into is the single sign-on portal (https://x10hosting.com/sso/login/). The thing that's telling you that you don't have a website is the "basic" cPanel interface (it's meant to simplify things for users who might not be technically adept). You should be able to switch themes to the standard X3 theme to get back to what you remember. (There should be a "switch themes" button at the top of the page.)

pattinso

Reaction score
That's better. Thanks essellar.

I still want to know why it changed without warning...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It shouldn't have changed on you, but the "basic" is the default now. Could be some little computer gremlin ate a value in your cPanel user profile; hard to say now that it's fixed, but all it would take is a bad bit to make it throw up its (virtual) hands and use the defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.