Messenger Plus! Live is giving away gifts...

t2t2t

Reaction score
And I'm not talking about old t-shirts and other goodies, no (well, there are some package prizes like that), but about PS3, XBOX, WII, LCD, drooling yet? :drool:

Full list of prizes:
  • 3 Xbox 360 Elite + 1 Xbox game of your choosing
  • 3 Nintendo Wii + 2 Wii games of your choosing + 1 additional Wii Remote and Nunchuck
  • 3 Playstation 3 60GB + 1 Playstation game of your choosing
  • 3 Wide Computer LCD Screen from Samsung, 20 inches wide, model 206BW
  • 30 Messenger Plus! shirt + Mug pack, special 6th anniversary edition
  • 90 Messenger Plus! shirt + Mousepad pack, special 6th anniversary edition
More information:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/2007/05/19/messenger-pluss-birthday-prizes-lots-of-them/
Digg this:
http://digg.com/software/Messenger_Plus_s_birthday_Prizes_Lots_of_them
Edit: PS:
The contest will start officially in a week from now, sometime during the weekend of the 26th, and the total set of rules will be made available at the same time

Last edited:

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
So, we have to download MSN messanger and Messenger Plus to participate? Cause, the only real thing that gets me drooling is the Wii package :p

t2t2t

Reaction score
So, we have to download MSN messanger and Messenger Plus to participate?
Yes.

And then wait till comp opens and then click on a enlarge gird until you get something, if you're lucky.

KowKing

Reaction score
Too bad Messenger Plus! is a load of crapware. (Adware/spyware)

Chris Z

Reaction score
That's why you click "I refuse to give my support to MsgLivePlus' Sponsorers" or w/e it is when you install it. ;)

t2t2t

Reaction score
Yeah you might would love to know that all text in installers isn't just the same old random c***...

KowKing

Reaction score
The author currently bundles optional adware software developed by Circle Development Ltd. Some software review websites criticized[citation needed] the user agreement, stating that the 'sponsorship agreement' which authorized the installation of the adware was misleading because it looked like a standard EULA, and was only available in English. Since Messenger Plus! 3.60 was released (on September 27, 2005), the setup includes a separate license agreement in addition to a traditional EULA. These agreements have also been translated.

A special adware uninstallation program is also provided by the company which appears when users attempt to uninstall Messenger Plus!.

As of 2005-08-17, the Messenger Plus! website contained a petition to Microsoft's anti-spyware division regarding Windows Defender's (known as Microsoft AntiSpyware at the time) detection of the Messenger Plus! executable as spyware, and warning the user that the software will attempt to install spyware at runtime (i.e. post-install), whilst still failing to detect the setup program as a potential installer. The petition, which had 401,683 signatures and was 10,137 pages long in total, was sent to Redmond[citation needed] on 20 September 2005[1] stating that Messenger Plus! should no longer be labeled as spyware. Patchou stated in the Messenger Plus! help forums that the petition would take "about a week"[2] to arrive. On 23 September 2005,[3] just 3 days after the petition was mailed to Redmond from Canada, Microsoft released to the public new definitions for Windows Defender that fixed the false positive affecting the Messenger Plus! executable together with several other false positives. Despite this supposed fix, Windows Defender still continues to mark the Messenger Plus Live installer as a medium risk.

Yeah.

lambada

Reaction score
If you are going to quote from another website, please post the link to the original website.

Other than that, glad to see you finally realise it's not adware (unless you specify the sponsor program at install) or spyware (which it never was).

KowKing

Reaction score
If you are going to quote from another website, please post the link to the original website.

Other than that, glad to see you finally realise it's not adware (unless you specify the sponsor program at install) or spyware (which it never was).

http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=50878&pid=539901#pid539901
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/index.php?p=153
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=7284

Oh, I still claim it's adware since I don't want a company that must request for their product to be not blacklisted (why was it it to begin with? oh wait...) by antispyware scanners.

t2t2t

Reaction score
plussponsorjn5.png

And the request...

http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/2005/09/20/the-msas-petition-has-been-sent/
In only 4 weeks, you’ve been more than 400,000 to sign the MSAS petition. This number is simply incredible, especially if you consider that when the petition was closed, tens of thousands of new signatures were still being added every day. In any case, we think that 401,683 signature (final number obtained after excluding invalid/duplicate entries) should be enough to attain our objectives and if it doesn’t, more signatures would probably not have been of much help.

The complete listing of signatures, which includes your contact information and comments, has been printed and sent to Microsoft today. The document was formatted with Times New Roman 9pt with borders size at minimum but still achieved to be 10,137 pages long! That’s about 110 pounds (50Kg) of written support so thanks again for your help everyone :). Of course, as the petition was sent under all of your names, the results will be made public when and if Microsoft sends us a reply. I sincerely don’t want this issue to go any further and I’m counting on Microsoft to realize that it’s in the best interest of everyone to solve that detection/removal problem. Keep checking this page (or use the RSS feed) to know what happens next!
~10,000 pages of users cannot be wrong... And its M$!
Oh that reminds me of "Nuts to save some show" campaign (check here)

Zenax

Reaction score
I have Messenger Plus! and I don't have no spyware at all.

Cubeform

Reaction score
Oh, I still claim it's adware since I don't want a company that must request for their product to be not blacklisted (why was it it to begin with? oh wait...) by antispyware scanners.

Why are you using plurals? MICROSOFT's OWN anti-spyware program detected Messenger Plus; to my knowledge, no other antispyware scanner did. This Messenger Plus detection behaviour was only noticed AFTER Microsoft bought GIANT AntiSpyware and rebranded their product to Microsoft AntiSpyware.

By the way, everyone makes mistakes. Including Microsoft.

Last edited:

KowKing

Reaction score
Finally my task is complete, completely derailing the topic and turning it into flamebait. Thanks for playing along, but it's still a rubbish addition that's chopped full of inactive spyware unless you agree to it on the install.