Messenger Plus

Usman

Reaction score
401,683 signatures.
10,137 pieces of paper.
110 pounds or 50 kilograms.
33 feet or 10 meter high.

That's what Microsoft can expect on their doorstep this week, because Patchou has sent a printed version of the MSAS petition over to Redmond.

About a month ago, the Messenger Plus! developer set up a petition because Microsoft AntiSpyware started treating the popular Messenger addon inaccurately

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I like messenger plus, but the spyware that is bundled with it makes it unbareable. Yes there is spyware with it .

Usman

Reaction score
I am using it from 3 years but never got any problem but now the microsoft anti spyware treats it as a spyware where as other anti-spywares don't recoginze it as a spyware. I love the messenger plus because of its services. I hope microsoft will understand it.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
bigguy said:
I like messenger plus, but the spyware that is bundled with it makes it unbareable. Yes there is spyware with it .

Yeah that's right, I've been having problems with it to, I had to uninstall it.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
There is an option when you are installing to stop the spyware from installing with the program. DO NOT except the liscense agreement, the spyware will not install but the program will. Check it out.

N

Nathan

I have never used it because of the bundled spyware, Microsoft has a point marking it as spyware, for the users that have it installed with the spyware. Other wise they shouldn't get their g-string caught between their balls.

Usman

Reaction score
A Good News

A Good News For Messenger Plus Users:

The Messenger Plus Team Sent The Petition To Microsoft Because They Don't Have Any Spyware Installed In It And The Only Reason Microoft Treated It As A Spyware Because It Boost Msn Messenger & Removes Ads An Gives A User Too Much

Huzzah for Patchou! And huzzah for yourself, if you signed the Plus! petition that is. Because last Friday, less than a week after 400.000 signatures were delivered to Microsoft's doorstep, the company changed the definition files of their AntiSpyware software so msgplus.exe would not be detected as a threat at run time anymore. "This is a huge success for this whole operation [...] and we didn't fight for nothing"

However, Patchou also added that there are still several problems surrounding the detection and removal of Messenger Plus! and its sponsor program, so there's still some work to do.

N

Nathan

I can use annoying fonts too, all you posted is how Microsoft stepped back from registering it as spyware, you didn't post anything saying it WASN'T spyware.

Usman

Reaction score
Oh, For Me Comic Sans Ms Font Is A Beautiful Font, But If This Is Annoying For You, I Am Very Sorry

What I Got To Tell I Told, And I Don't Have Any More To Tell You That Is Mess Plus A Spy Ware Or Not.

N

Nathan

Usman said:
Oh, For Me Comic Sans Ms Font Is A Beautiful Font, But If This Is Annoying For You, I Am Very Sorry

What I Got To Tell I Told, And I Don't Have Any More To Tell You That Is Mess Plus A Spy Ware Or Not.

To clear it all up:

Messenger Plus is spyware, due to the bundled software installed, but the software is ENTIRELY optional. Only idiots who click next like there is no tommorrow has the spyware from it.

What's the point of Messenger Plus anyway? Nothing that Trillian free can't do without the annoyance of managing it.

Before you parade what you think is it, remember, Dewayne will always prove to be a fight. ;P

-Dewayne

Usman

Reaction score
Dear Dewayne
We are here to share the information and ideas not to fight with each other, right?
What i know i share and also want other to correct me any time i am wrong or i have done any mistake,
wish you best of luck dewayne
can i know a little about you because i think you are a professional type person

N

Nathan

You can always visit my blog, and learn a few things about me. The URL is in my profile.