Metal Gear Solid 4 for the Xbox 360 rumors gain some ground.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
IGN.com said:
October 14, 2008 - According to a Tokyo Game Show report from Japanese investment research firm Morningstar, Metal Gear Solid 4 may find its way to the Xbox 360 after all. Morningstar published a general article covering multiplatform trends that features a quote from a Konami public relations representative that should fuel rumors for months to come. The rep is quoted as saying, regarding MGS4, "We're actively looking into a release for the Xbox 360." While this isn't a confirmation of it coming, it does lend hope to those Xbox 360 owners who haven't plunked down money on a PS3.

However, this little quote doesn't clear the major hurdle Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has listed for the title coming to Xbox 360. He has been quoted in several interviews saying a port was likely impossible due to the game being optimized for the PS3 hardware, specifically Blu-ray discs.

IGN has contacted Konami's US representatives for a comment and is awaiting a response. The original Morningstar report can be found here.

source

This obviously would be a huge punch in the face to everyone who bought a PS3 for MGS4, especially if new content would be added.

Last edited:

Mptr23

Reaction score
....That's really unlikely, since the Hideo have said multiple times that they won't port the game to the 360. Imagine all the dvd's they would go through too !, that wouldn't really be profitable at all..

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not up to Hideo though, it's up to Konami.

But really, it could fit onto 2 DVDs, especially if they compress the audio.

Clinton

Reaction score
New content? In what way. Anyone who's played the game for the story closure has no reason to fear. Besides...if you really wanted to play this game, you probably have by now and the rumor is just a rumor. The statement itself isn't even on the original site it popped up on anymore.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
New content? In what way. Anyone who's played the game for the story closure has no reason to fear. Besides...if you really wanted to play this game, you probably have by now and the rumor is just a rumor. The statement itself isn't even on the original site it popped up on anymore.

I've yet to get it. I wont purchase a PS3 until it has some worthwhile games that I can't get on other platforms. MGS4 is just 1 game I'd want and if it came to the 360, there's really no reason to get a PS3.

And as for the original website taking it down, it seems as if they were trying to play it off like nothing happened. It seems as if they weren't suppose to give any information on it yet mainly due to the exclusivity contracts in effect with Sony.