microsoft giving free domain name

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
OMG-It is actually free. .com domain names too. Nice. TY! You do need a credit card to register a domain name though-and subdomains are quite long-winded.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Not quite free ...

How much will a custom domain cost?

Sign up now and get your first year for free. After the first year, your credit card will be charged an annual fee of $14.95 for as long as you choose to own your domain.

dbojan

Reaction score
Nobody will give you a free domain without expecting something from you. There is also site which gives you free domain and hosting but expects some % from your earnings.

zen-r

Reaction score
Not quite free ...

How much will a custom domain cost?

Sign up now and get your first year for free. After the first year, your credit card will be charged an annual fee of $14.95 for as long as you choose to own your domain.

I assume you are free to cancel before payment is taken - thus getting 1 year free?

And what about transferring to another registrar - is this allowed/free?

Parsa44

Reaction score
I registered with them got a free domain not a good idea.

Dont support server side.

If you want your drk (domain registration key) you have to cancel the domain renewal time.

olliepop

Reaction score
you play runescape parsa. you suck.

Lol sorry.
anywayyyyyy...

don't use it!! its a trap. your domain is registered and your stuck with THEM. The evils who don't support PHP!

i use x10... its all good :)

showyourtalent

Reaction score
I haven't registered yet to any paid domains, I'm still searching for the good ones so i tried many free hosting to help me find my place.

nirajkum

Reaction score
well you can try paid version of x10hosting ... if want want cheaper you can try godaddy

colwind

Reaction score
It used to be free. But you can only keep it for one year, and more than $10 after that. Why not buy a domain? I got one .com domain for free when shopping at buy.com, bought another one at godaddy for $1.2. That's not too much.

reddy23

Reaction score
man that service suxs... nothing other microsoft products can be published ther
i guess u cant even run wordpress and other blogger services
and the control panel is really ****ty

neteater

Reaction score
free domain is good idea if you are a noob and not sure how long you stay in this world of net so start your site with a free domain and check are u able to continue this by making profits it help to save your money if you found yourself not fitted in this competitive area

haslam1

Reaction score
it's great until they want next years payment and DON'T HAVE PHP nnooooooooooooooooooo!

neteater

Reaction score
what do you mean by real or not free domain are not dream thee day you just have to know how to get them

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I can't even access the domain registration page, I keep getting an error that says I need to be using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on Windows XP, Vista, or something like that, even though I'm already using Firefox 3 on XP.