Microsoft Office 2010

mjserv

Reaction score
Office 2007 was always going to be a tough act to follow. The bold step of changing from the old cluttered menu bar to a process-oriented ribbon bar has obviously met with resistance. I look forward to playing with the new features of Office 2010. Microsoft Office Team, keep up the good work.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
hasn't microsoft office 2010 been out for a while?

The beta has been out since last Thanksgiving, but the final isn't released yet.

Office 2007 was always going to be a tough act to follow. The bold step of changing from the old cluttered menu bar to a process-oriented ribbon bar has obviously met with resistance. I look forward to playing with the new features of Office 2010. Microsoft Office Team, keep up the good work.

It took me a while to get used to the ribbon, but now I love it and find it difficult to use Office 2003 which doesn't have the ribbon.

Last edited:

icywind335

Reaction score
The final version has been release now maybe two days ago, of course they will not make it in general availability as it is will be announce in june.

mcnigelmcgruff

Reaction score
Outlook was changed pretty severely in Office 2010; they tried to make all of the programs look the same. It was lucky enough to come out in 2007 format with fairly few changes. As for the others, they are pretty much the same as Office 2007, except that they have a new file menu, like the one in the built-in programs in Windows 7. We'll see how the final version looks; Microsoft has a habit of changing everything at the 11th hour. (Check out a beta of the webmail for Exchange 2010, then the final release. You'll see what I'm talking about.)

hernandez9039

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, it is really great. I'm now use MS office2007. Thanks for sharing a lot.

Last edited:

russjr08

Reaction score
I have been using the Office 2010 Beta for awhile (Mainly Outlook though) and I really love it! I will be sad to see it end in October, but hopefully I will be able to buy it when it comes out in October. (At least I heard that is when it will be released). I love the interface of the programs, it just works for me.

Humza

Reaction score
I love office 2010, mainly been using Access [coursework], word [courrsework], powerpoint[messing about].

job999

Reaction score
The beta's good - marked improvement on 2007. Plus, at least they've got rid of the Office logo in the top left (Office equivalent of that godd**n Start button...) and tidied up the ribbon.

Functional 'til 31st Oct 2010 :)

krypto_reborn

Reaction score
in Win 7 , Office 2010 is much faster then 2007 . then again maybe this is true only for me. Anyway i recommend 2010 . It's pretty awsome !

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been using 2010 since the early public betas, and I feel it's like 7 vs vista. There are all the functions of 2007, plus the UI looks better, all the functions work perfectly and there are some very interesting new features. Oh and there are a bunch of fonts that come with it. I might buy it once it gets out of beta, instead of downgrading to 2007.

mattblog

Reaction score
Open office will always be best IMO. It's beast, it has a cleaner ui and same features as MO , and MW. It's smaller and size and bonus it's free. I don't think Microsoft will ever be able to compete openoffice as long as the word free is in he picture

mtptl77

Reaction score
I don't know that this software is release or not in final version 64 bit Edition.
I want final version so please tell me the release date and send me direct links to download trial version for 64 bit Edition Windows.
Thank You...
=====================
office chairs | chairs