Microsoft XP SP3 Hits PCs Today

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmmm XP SP3 seems interesting... though im using Vista, so i can't try that... unless i install 2 OS on my computer :p

Try installing Vista SP1. That'll be similiar to XP's Service Pack 3 in a sense. I run Vista SP1 right now on my gaming computer.

so sp3 auto update come for 3 days ago? Then why come it auto updated for me about a week after sp3 released (sometime in may or june I think)?

Probably to lessen the load on Microsoft's servers. Remember though, Microsoft does have a lot of bandwidth to mess with. When Windows Vista first had a public beta, Microsoft had to cap everyone's download speeds to virtually dial-up speeds or else they would have threatened to severely strain the internet's networks since the downloads for Windows Vista were 2+ GB a piece.

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Reaction score
SP3 include many bug fixes up to a thousand while having only hundred fix related to security. These bug fixes included memory and kernel issues which may be the reason why there a improvement in performance. Microsoft didn't promise SP3 to improve performance. SP3 performance is like a bonus which is sweet =)