MID Antroid Tablet

Solytix

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has a MID Tablet (Android OS)? I am just having some trouble with playing music on mine. The music player doesn't work and I click on the individual tracks and they bring up a record player but nothing happens then either.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Steve

krofunk

Reaction score
which version of android is it running? 1.5, 1.6, 2.1 or 2.2?

learning_brain

Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid, but I have often turned the media sound down on my droid, thinking it was call volume or ring volume.

If the obvious isn't the problem, have you tried running sound through another app, such as youtube?

You could also try running a video through it to see if it's just music.

Don't know if that's any help.

BTW, I think Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) is the latest OS - currently running on the nexus.

I'm painfully stuck on 2.1.... damn!

Solytix

Reaction score
which version of android is it running? 1.5, 1.6, 2.1 or 2.2?

It's running 2.2

I know this sounds stupid, but I have often turned the media sound down on my droid, thinking it was call volume or ring volume.

If the obvious isn't the problem, have you tried running sound through another app, such as youtube?

You could also try running a video through it to see if it's just music.

Don't know if that's any help.

BTW, I think Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) is the latest OS - currently running on the nexus.

I'm painfully stuck on 2.1.... damn!

Doesn't sound stupid at all, but I did double check the volume was at the highest. They do strangely have the volume up on the left and volume down on the right though ;-)

I have fixed the problem now, I sync'd with my laptop again and played a song with it connected and it was fine (and works all ok now). I must've done something wrong when I synchronised the time before, probably deleting or adding something I shouldn't have. Or put it in the wrong folder.

Thanks for the replies Krofunk and Learning_Brain, much appreciated ;-)

PS. Learning_Brain, I read that it's difficult to update the OS, but is that true? Is there no way you can upgrade to 2.3?