Minecraft Game Set up

DanielZXC

Reaction score
I saw from a post above that its possible to host a minecraft game server from a server here, how ever I was wondering how it should look when I set it up Should it be a ZIP file that when I unzip it you see all the files or once unziped a folder with all the files needed inside.

Also I dont think you can run .exe files on it so would I be loading the jar file? If anyone can give me a full view of how its suppose to be or how to set it up that would be great or even a video that would be a great deal of help. Thx! ^_^

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You can host minecraft servers on a VPS but not on free or premium/prime/illuminated hosting. Only a Dedicated VPS would work as well, as only the Dedicated ones are suitable for hosting high-drain servers such as minecraft.

requiem9650

Reaction score
If your computer can host it you should probably just host it that way.

Also the program Hamachi always helps when it comes to hosting. That's how I host my server.

slark7047

Reaction score
i saw from a post above that its possible to host a minecraft game server from a server here, how ever i was wondering how it should look when i set it up should it be a zip file that when i unzip it you see all the files or once unziped a folder with all the files needed inside.

Also i dont think you can run .exe files on it so would i be loading the jar file? If anyone can give me a full view of how its suppose to be or how to set it up that would be great or even a video that would be a great deal of help. Thx! ^_^

o_o