Missing certain emails under my hosting account... technical problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Good evening, all; I believe there might be an issue with the email functions of my hosting account that need to be addressed.

Here's the case - the other day, as I was communicating with some other folks using one of the email addresses that I use under this hosting account (for site related purposes, of course), they replied to it sending me a few attachments (image files mainly). Today, when I check my hosting account itself on the cPanel backend, the MB quota on the email address that has those apparent attachments is the same; however, the said emails that were supposed to have those attachments I received from that person are not to be seen. I have an assumption that this might be a technical problem because I have been doing operations like normal on my end and haven't run into anything technically wrong on my end until the time of this support thread. Can someone look into this issue and tell me what's been going on in relation to email operations under this account by any chance and if the issue will be resolved in a time manner?

Please get back with me very soon if you run into any breakthroughs and if you're able to help me out in figuring out what's been going on here. Thanks in advance, everyone; take care for now.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
I do understand that it includes file attachments in emails; however, the case is that as I stated, they were image files that someone sent my way to use for correspondence to my site in the coming months. I still need confirmation that if this was intentional, then I'd have to use other measures and make sure every single file that I've uploaded to correspond with my site (including images) does not exceed 10MB.

And of course, as stated earlier, it wasn't in terms of "file storage" purposes; the images that I received via file attachments were to download to my flash drive for preparing to upload to my hosting account itself for corresponding to my site itself in a timely manner.

Not arguing, of course; just trying to figure out what's been going on so I can stay in the know for the months ahead. :)

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
I see; I have the assumption that this includes the emails which have those file attachments included as well (since it was part of the hosting account I have here).

However, I still need help from one of the X10Hosting admins because one of the email address that I have set up under this account to receive correspondence from my visitors (site related purposes, still, of course) - the mailbox usage meter did not change, even though said emails that apparently had those attachments that totaled 10MB or more got deleted by the system. Currently, it's sitting at 31M although the total amount of emails I have under said specified address is currently way less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.