Missing database

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylejchristopher62

Reaction score
While doing nothing more than changing the theme of my joomla website, the following error appeared on a blank screen and my website became inaccessible.
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
When I checked mySQL from cpanel, I saw this:
There are no databases associated with your account.

The website was working fine just a few minutes ago and now the databases that I created are missing and phpmyadmin can not be logged into.

pabliman_51

Reaction score
I have the same problem.

Firts it says restricted access then Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL.

noliwatson

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I tried to drop and reassign myself as a user to fix the database connection problem (this has worked for me several times before,) and then my database vanished entirely. (I'm on Chopin.)

Edited to add: My database is back but I still can't load my site. If everyone else is on boru I'm starting to wonder if my problem is unrelated.

Last edited:

kylejchristopher62

Reaction score
Can you log in to phpmyadmin? I'm getting the error message
Wrong username/password. Access denied.

I guess this is why I should buy paid hosting...

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Is it possible that there are just being server changes and the database will reappear when the changes are complete or do I have to go from scratch?

pabliman_51

Reaction score
i'm on boru server but i logged into cpanel and like the other users i dont see my sql data bases associated with my account and either i cant log to phpmyadmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.