Missing site

Status
Not open for further replies.

grsubs48

Reaction score
I was trying to gain access to my free hosting site but it's disappeared. I've uncovered an email of 20th Sept saying that it has been suspended due to inactivity and also saying that this is reversible My understanding was that in order to keep it live I had to access the forum on a regular basis and only the forum. From when I know I last had access I've accessed the forum on 24/7, 20/8, 16/09, 02/10, and 12/10. Therefore, not sure what I've done wrong and why it's disappeared altogether.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The inactivity policy changed quite a while back (in January); the criterion since then has been that you needed to log in to your account portal at least once every 31 days. (One of the reasons for requiring forum logins in the past was so that people would read the News and Announcements to find out stuff like that. Frankly, I think it was a good idea, but I don't make the decisions here.)

grsubs48

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I was unaware of this change and I have now read what was written in that thread. Howerver, the email notification was sent on 20th September - less than 31 days ago - why am I unable to unsuspend the account?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The 20th was when the 31 days were up and the account was suspended. If an account remains suspended for 14 days, it enters a queue for automatic termination/deletion. Unfortunately, that was more than 14 days ago (22 days ago, in fact), so your account has been deleted and is unrecoverable. If you have a backup of your site and are not in a blocked country, you should be able to recreate the account (though the sign-up queue seems to be a bit long at the moment). I'm sorry that nothing more can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.