missing temporary folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmont

Reaction score
Hi I need help. I have been working on this issue for a couple days now searching the forums and google and still no luck. On my wordpress site when I try to install a plugin or upload an image to the media library I receive a a message "error missing temporary folder" has anyone else experienced this? can someone help me please! I tried everything! thanks

forumall

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in?
What plug in are you trying to use?

mattmont

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in?
What plug in are you trying to use?
i did with a plugin I had installed me it didn't work I can't install. But it's not just that. I can't upload a picture to the media library either.

forumall

Reaction score
i did with a plugin I had installed me it didn't work I can't install. But it's not just that. I can't upload a picture to the media library either.
It sounds like that plug in is corrupt.

Can you remove it?

mattmont

Reaction score
It sounds like that plug in is corrupt.

Can you remove it?

I can remove it and I can only install plugins manually with FTP but my main problem is I'm not able to use the media library and upload any media. I tried FTP but it did not work or show up in my media library. When I use the upload function anywhere, set featured item, media library upload, or adding a photo to a post, I get "error missing temporary folder" my question is where is this temporary folder at? I tried creating "tmp folders" everywhere and no luck. I keep reading about php.ini but don't know where it is at nor do I believe we can mess with it.

mattmont

Reaction score
this is the message i get when trying to set a featured image

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 7.40.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 7.40.15 AM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 6

mattmont

Reaction score
Maybe you have not set the correct file permissions in your directories, this topic in wordpress codex could help you to set those permissions correctly:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

No luck.. I've already tried that and tried it again. Still getting the missing temporary folder error... I was able to upload 5 pictures 4 days ago and then it started giving me the error 2 days ago.

miambien

Reaction score
Basically you have to have file permissions like this:
Directories 755
Files 644
You can change this permissions on your ftp client.

Status
Not open for further replies.