Mobile Undocumented Tips

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Hye Guys

I found a document on mobile tips. I don't know where I found it but I found it dumped into my hard disk. It is a long document so I will post in parts. Hope you will like it.

NOTE: Please note that I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your mobile, if caused by executing these commands. Take your own risk.

Tips / functions:

- At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9

- A shortcut on the left menukey in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey. Reason: The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.

- While writing text press and hold "#" to switch between Alpha mode and Number mode. You can also press a key long to insert its number.

- In standby-mode, press and hold 0 to launch your wap home page.

- If you have your keylock activated just press the on/off button to turn on your backlight to look at the time when it's dark without having to unlock the keypad.

- To keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.

- To check your current firmware version simply type *#0000# in standby screen.

- To check your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) type *#06# in standby screen.

- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.

- Start up in Safe Mode (no 'auto start' apps will be running): Hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on until you have to enter your PIN code.

- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.

- In standby mode,
45# + <talk> dials the number on your sim in memory slot 45.
50# + <talk> dials slot 50 and so on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*# 06 # Seriennummer/IMEI indicates (actually also a GSM is code - see further below)
-----------------------------------------------------
*# 0000 # SW version announcements (e.g. V3.42.1, 16-10-03, Nhl-10)
---------------------------------------------------------
*# 2820 # Bluetooth (BT) device address indicate
------------------------------------------------------------
xx # Directory quick access (xx = storage location and afterwards lozenge e.g. 24 #)
---------------------------------------------------
A/from key Short pressing for menu for switching between profiles
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Menu key Long pressing for "task manager" - switching between active programs (with "C" key programs can be terminated.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Menu quick access Over in the menu e.g. to point 3.1 arrive simply 31 enter (if the third symbol a file is opened is for these and then in it started the first Programm/Icon).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Autostart go around When switching on of the Handys on to the pin inquiry the key "ABC" (pin) comes the whole time keeps pressed - this is to ignore (allegedly) the autoinitialization programs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Do not switch between different lines (AS)... goes e.g. with Austrian ONE Handys (see nose cunning). I could not try out however also, since I did not have 2 lines on the SIM map.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
12345 ... is according to standard set the Nokia nokia-Sicherheitscode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0000 ... is according to standard those (with Vodafone windshield frame section) set 2te pin and that standard net code/password
With D1 the standard net code is the last 4 numbers of the card number without HLR e.g. 99999234-5/55 - > 2345
0 - for a long time press If one the "0" in the main menue for a long time presses those homepage of the standard WAP connection is called.Your files in MMC are stored in multiple (disk) blocks.
So if you format using 16K block, the space used will be 16K eventhough your file is just 1K.

If you buy MMC, it is usually preformatted with 16K block. Therefore alot of space is wasted as most installed program files are usually less than 2K.

You will need a card reader to do this:-

1. Connect card reader and copy all your files in the MMC to computer disk.
(Make sure you set the show all/hidden/os files to "on")
2. Do a format of the MMC using command line "format" and use the /A=size option.
Alternative, you can use the Disk Management in Adminstrative Tools to format.
Make sure you select FAT. For 256MB MMC, smallest block you can use is 4K, 128MB is 2K, 64Mb is 1K and 32MB is 512B.

(Note: You cannot use the phone "format MMC" to do this as the format just clear the allocation table and does not change the block size)

3. Copy back all files to MMC.

Now you will find that you will have more space.
256mb MMC got back 30+ mbs

I will post more later.

tittat

Reaction score
many of them are new information.

you told that to keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
But its not working for me.Whats wrong?

sunils

Reaction score
Its nice that you posted some usefull information about mobile phones here. Most of them are useful apart form the fact that you should try it carefully.

sumitmehta

Reaction score
many of them are new information.

you told that to keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
But its not working for me.Whats wrong?

Sorry boss I haven't personally tried using torch as I own a flipper and it' s back light is on until I close the flip. Try re-installing it and obtain it from http://www.mobango.com.

OK guys, next part now:

Starting from here the codes are "dangerous"

*#7370925538#
* # of res wallet # ... is to be deleted the code around the "wallet"! Input like normal telephone number (not in wallet code inquiry windows).
NOTE! Afterwards the "wallet" is empty, can again be put on however with new code.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
*# 7780 # The "original attitudes" and telephone re-establishes is again started (an appropriate inquiry and it follow before must the sicherheitscode be entered).
NOTE! Afterwards various "attitudes" are away - among other things these:
·1 Points of entrance (Provider dependent points of entrance and attitudes)
·2 Bluetooth attitudes
·3 Favorite
·4 Allocation of the two keys (beside Navi keys) in the main menue
·5 Profiles are "neglected" (as with distribution) - still there however new bell tones, etc. are...
·6 SMS/MMS/E Mail attitudes
·7 Logos and spielstaende (allegedly) also deleted...
Programs, calendars and contacts, etc. not changed...
Also the sicherheitscode remains.
This putting back goes also via menu under "attitudes - general - original telephone once.".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*# 7370 # Soft format: If the Handy (only telephone memory) formats, puts back the attitudes (see * to # 7780 #) and implements a software RESET. (however still another inquiry comes before.)
NOTE! If the Akku to 75% are loaded at least, Akku do not only accomplish during the procedure under any circumstances remove! The procedure takes some minutes (approx. 3-4), is absolutely waiting!
This is "only" a soft format... Hard format with "green, 3, *"... see below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Green, * 3 Hard format: If the Handy (only telephone memory) formats, puts back the attitudes (see * to # 7780 #) and implements a RESET.
NOTE! If the Akku to 75% are loaded at least, Akku do not only accomplish during the procedure under any circumstances remove! The procedure takes some minutes (approx. 3-4), is absolutely waiting!

Proceeding: Equipment switch off, which keep "green key" (take off) at the same time pressed, "*" and to "3" key and switch the equipment on (the keys thereby keep further pressed)... to "Formatting" on the display appears...
If that does not function, then equipment for 1 hour switch off, Akku so for a long time rausnehmen and again try.
"only" virtual the memory is generally cleared - genuine formatting can take place only in a Nokia service center, if the Fash is deleted there and/or new L.G. is installed.Mixed * # 92702689 #, then switch - system menu off (goes with me not)

The following code do not fold (with me also):
* EFR0 # (* 3370 #) EFR activate (EFR = Enhanced Full rate Coding - language optimization)
# EFR0 # (# 3370 #) EFR switch off
* HRC # (* 4720 #) HRC switch on (HRC = helped rate Coding - language compression)
# HRC0 # (# 4720 #) HRC switch off
----------------------------------------------------------------
SIM LOCK Simlock status query: (use "*" the key over "p,w" and "+" indications to enter)
# pw+ 1234567890 +1 # Provider LOCK status
# pw+ 1234567890 +2 # network LOCK status
# pw+ 1234567890 +3 # Country LOCK status
# pw+ 1234567890 +4 # Sim Card LOCK status
The code 1234567890 must be computed with a program e.g. SmartDCT4Calc and/or DCT 4 code Calculator from IMEI, etc....
Info. to Simlock: SIM LOCK makes it for the offerer/network carriers possible, subsidized (verguenstigte) Handys to offer. Thus one makes oneself if necessary punishable if one SIM LOCK deactivated - in addition the warranty can purged. I take over for it no adhesion or responsibility!
GSM code ... should function at each Handy - however Netz(betreiber)abhaengig are... and "harmless"...
Generally applies: First enter code, "send" afterwards (< send green key > press) and one moment wait...
------------------------------------------------------------------
SMS Tipps To Tipps & cheat about SMS (with appropriate codes) are immediately in the FAQ list .
For example for the topic: SMS "retard" and/or deferred send, acknowledgment of receipt, reports...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Mark more simply To Tipps & cheat to the topic "mark" e.g. with SMS entrance.
Over simply to mark simply the "pin" (ABC key) hold some e.g. SMS and move then Jostick downward.