mod_rewrite help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnaylor

Reaction score
i just installed drupal 6.0

i dont have access to the config files for the server so i cant enable mod_rewrite that way.

i have used "RewriteEngine On" in my .htaccess file and still drupal says that my config does nopt support mod_rewrite.

any help is greatly appreciated. thankyou

Synkc

Reaction score
Apache's mod_rewrite should be enabled for all hosting accounts. I personally do not have much experience with Drupal, though you might find a broader range of support from our members by posting in the "Scripts & 3rd Party Apps" forum.

Also, just to make sure that it isn't a server configuration problem, what is the path to your .htaccess file, and is their a more detailed error message given by Drupal?

bnaylor

Reaction score
Apache's mod_rewrite should be enabled for all hosting accounts. I personally do not have much experience with Drupal, though you might find a broader range of support from our members by posting in the "Scripts & 3rd Party Apps" forum.

Also, just to make sure that it isn't a server configuration problem, what is the path to your .htaccess file, and is their a more detailed error message given by Drupal?

thanx i got it to work by bypassing a few things. case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.