Modern Warfare 3 for PC

whmcjr66

Reaction score
Anyone with a PC played MW3? Curious has to how it plays with Steam. I had issues with Black Ops and Steam with lag. MW1 plays super smooth without Steam, but Black Ops was a different story. I have a gaming rig (quad core, 8mb ram, dual vids, etc) with Fios, so I know it's not my PC.

Thanks,
Chilly

dtm808

Reaction score
I personally do not have it but a friend says its only decent. the anti-hack software does not work and theres only around 8000 people online. Stick to xbox for this game.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
To be honest, I try to avoid using steam for games as much as I can. Having a hard disk copy and having the full thing saved onto your hard drive without needing a steam account and connection just seems like a much better plan.

roberto_pessanhas95

Reaction score
Boy you have an idea for, I have this configuration:
Pentium 4 3.0GHz
DDR2 800MHz
ATI Radeon 4650 AGP
motherboard made ​​today 5 years
and oddly enough, almost graphic game without lag at most, just uncheck the option shadow. and in my opinion the best game ever made so far. sorry if it was a bad translation from Portuguese into English.:)

whmcjr66

Reaction score
That's one of the things I do is try and avoid ALL steam products. The lag is such a joke on multiplayer. Steam will ruin the PC market in the long run. I'll probably hold off and see what other people say. The original Modern Warfare plays super smooth and I've got the graphics jacked up to max. Absolutely no lag at all. Thanks to the makers of MW for going with steam:mad:

Bill

keiith56

Reaction score
To be honest Black Ops works fine for me on the PC.

MW3 on the other hand, not a fan, PC definitely needs dedicated servers.

whmcjr66

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. Any PC Multiplayer games need dedicated servers. I love playing 1.7 on MW because of all the custom servers. From what I have heard, MW3 might not be in my future. Steam blows!!

wongers

Reaction score
you might think Steam blows, but it was 10 times worse when they first released it and insisted that people start playing Counter-Strike through it!! nightmare!!