What would you rather have?

• Money

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Happiness

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
What would you rather have Money or Happiness?

If you choose money you will not be happy at all!

Me: Happiness

Last edited:

HomerJ

Reaction score
Happiness. Of course, its a lot easier to be happy when you have lots of money.

Of course, I would prefer to be both rich and happy. But, I don't see myself every becoming rich, so I'll settle for just being happy.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
You can have lots of money and be happy. But with no money, you can't really be happy since you're starving to death.

Jesse

Reaction score
I agree with noerrorsfound... So Money for me.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Okay so what if you have enough to survive? What would you rather then?
Why would I ever have to choose between the two? If I won the lottery, I'd actually be happier due to having the money.

However, in the hypothetical situation that the more money you have, the more depressed you feel, then I'd rather have little money.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well since I can't use the money to you to buy hapiness, then I shall choose hapiness.

HomerJ

Reaction score
You can have lots of money and be happy. But with no money, you can't really be happy since you're starving to death.

But if you choose happiness, then you have happiness. So, I guess that means that you do have food.

tittat

Reaction score
I want happiness.
but iam wondering if i have no money.How can i stay happy?

If i have no money how can i pay my internet bills.If no internet connection,how can i post this post here?

Agenator

Reaction score
Why would I ever have to choose between the two? If I won the lottery, I'd actually be happier due to having the money.

However, in the hypothetical situation that the more money you have, the more depressed you feel, then I'd rather have little money.

not necessarily, coming into money can cause many problems such as gold diggers fake friends etc. causing you to be unhappy while if you lived a normal life with enough money to live comfortable (decent house/arpatment food friends family etc.) you may be happier in the end.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
not necessarily, coming into money can cause many problems such as gold diggers fake friends etc. causing you to be unhappy while if you lived a normal life with enough money to live comfortable (decent house/arpatment food friends family etc.) you may be happier in the end.
Most defiantly agree!

LHVWB

Reaction score
I agree with coldfirezz and Agenator , you need a certain amount of money to be happy , but too much money can have adverse side effects. I like to think of this situation as like pouring water into a glass jug. There is a limit to the amount of happiness that you can get from money alone and having more money then you need to get that amount is useless because it pours over the sides and gets wasted, also if there is far too much money(/water) then the container can break and ruin your happiness.

I would say that happiness is more important than money and that you ultimately get money in the pursuit of happiness, making the process of getting and having money a possible subset of happiness. I would also say that you don't actually need actual money to be happy, but you do need some essential possessions such as food, clothes and somewhere to sleep (eg. Tibeten monks).

Sorry about the weird metaphor. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I want happiness.
but iam wondering if i have no money.How can i stay happy?

If i have no money how can i pay my internet bills.If no internet connection,how can i post this post here?

Well if having those things would make you happy then I guess you would have the money to get them.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
For me, money.
I'd love a new computer. ;)
And why can't we have money and be happy?

whitebus

Reaction score
Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure can rent it for short periods of time.

D

dWhite

Money is just a material item, and doesn't normally bring happiness.

I voted happiness, because human emotions mean more than anything in the world.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I voted Happiness.

What's the point in having loads of money if it doesn't make you happy. I think you do need some money to be happy, but having too much money can cause problems. I would prefer to have a medium amount of money and happiness. But if I had to choose between the two it would be happiness.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Money is just a material item, and doesn't normally bring happiness.

I voted happiness, because human emotions mean more than anything in the world.
I do agree with you and that is mostly what I am trying to get at but a lot don't get it!