Mono 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramjam50

Reaction score
Previously psychosis wrote:

The mono releases and the .net releases no longer correspond. Mono as of version 2 supports Linq to Xml and mono 2.6 support alot more of .net 3.5 features.
In order to not get that error you need to make sure you have something like this in your web.config file.

Code:
<compilation defaultLanguage="C#" debug="false">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
</assemblies>
</compilation>
That is necessary to let the compiler know to add the System.Xml.Linq Assembly which the script is referencing. Even in mono 2.6 it won't run correctly without that added to the the web.config file and give that error.

I AM REPLYING BELOW BECAUSE THE THREAD WAS CLOSED:

Thanks I tried that and I get the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application
Compilation Error

Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name `Linq' does not exist in the namespace `System.Xml'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
/RssToPL.aspx

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

Version information: Mono Version: 2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

What do you think?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I thinks that you are asking the administration to modify the server, which should be placed in the feedback/suggestions sub-forum. I also think since the community advocates around here cannot fulfill this request, that I should escalate the issue to the administration for review.

I will leave the thread here for a while in hopes that someone in the forums can shed light on the issue. Maybe, we will not need to change :)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe that System.Xml.Linq was not available in mono 2.0, but someone will have to confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.