Moodle install with fantastico ...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdos_suitcase

Reaction score
Hi guys

New to this forum ....

i have just installed moodle using the fantastico installer script ....seemed to go ok...

but when i tried to open the web page to start using moodle it came up with the following error

Warning: posix_times() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/school/public_html/lib/setuplib.php on line 30

have i done something wrong? how do i remedy this ?

i really could do with some help here....I am about to go back to university

and the implementation of a VLE is an integral part of my dissertation ... i am going to be examining peer to peer support , communication and use of language within a Mathematics VLE.....

cheers

in expectation of any help....

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, sounds like that is one of the functions we disable. We disable a few functions here to prevent the abuse of PHP.

An easy way to get around it is to find the line that is calling the function and commenting it out. Usually the scripts that are using the blocked functions do not rely on them to function 100%.

So, go to line 30 of setuplib.php and put a # before it. Post back with your results.

-Corey

eoghan

Reaction score
Hi, sounds like that is one of the functions we disable. We disable a few functions here to prevent the abuse of PHP.

An easy way to get around it is to find the line that is calling the function and commenting it out. Usually the scripts that are using the blocked functions do not rely on them to function 100%.

So, go to line 30 of setuplib.php and put a # before it. Post back with your results.

-Corey

Like the Orignal poster, setting up Moodle for a thesis. Having the exact same problem as the orignal poster. I have done as Corey stated by putting # inline 30 of setuplib.php I get the following "cannot display the webpage", however I commented out line 28, 29 and 30
# if (function_exists('posix_times')) {
# $PERF->startposixtimes = posix_times();
#}
So far so good. I'm not an expert in Moodle or anything but this seems to have done the trick. I'll post if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.