Movable Type...

Status
Not open for further replies.

InkMaster

Reaction score
Auvee said:
I don't see why we wouldn't support movable type. I don't think it's in Fantastico though, I'm not completely sure.

-Auvee B.

Its too expensive to be in fantastico, I was just makin sure, cause I wanna buy that.

Conor

Reaction score
Auvee said:
I don't see why we wouldn't support movable type. I don't think it's in Fantastico though, I'm not completely sure.

-Auvee B.
That's why he wants to make sure it's okay. The other programs he mentioned ARE in Fantastico. ;)

InkMaster

Reaction score
hoovernj said:
All the programs in fantastico are open source, MT is not.

All the programs in fantastico are also free, MT is like 100 USD or somethin like that...

Rhianna

Reaction score
InkMaster said:
Does x10Hosting support Movable Type?... I'm just think of using that instead of nucleus or b2...

Hi InkMaster,
Please take a look at the Blog Software Breakdown This handy chart analyzes many types of weblog software (ones that are server-installed scripts) and includes an examination of minimum server requirements:

This indicates the minimum requirements of the server on which the software is to be installed. This usually is not indicated in the power/speed of the server, but in the installed software on which the blog software is dependent. This software may have additional license requirements and costs that are not indicated here. [1]

If you look at the chart, these requirments are listed for MT:

Perl 5.004_04
Berkeley DB/MySQL/ SQLLite/PostgreSQL

InkMaster

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
Hi InkMaster,
Please take a look at the Blog Software Breakdown This handy chart analyzes many types of weblog software (ones that are server-installed scripts) and includes an examination of minimum server requirements:

If you look at the chart, these requirments are listed for MT:

yeah... so? are you trying to say it isnt supported by x10 or somethin...?

Rhianna

Reaction score
InkMaster said:
yeah... so? are you trying to say it isnt supported by x10 or somethin...?

That's not what I was trying to say at all.
I posted the minimum requirements of the program you are interested and then Auvee said that x10Hosting would support it. :)

InkMaster

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
That's not what I was trying to say at all.
I posted the minimum requirements of the program you are interested and then Auvee said that x10Hosting would support it. :)

*stars crying even more* you just have to rub it in dontcha? :(

Rhianna

Reaction score
Why are you crying, InkMaster?
Auvee said that Movable Type is supported by x10Hosting. You should smile and say, "Yippee! The weblog software I want is supported." :D

InkMaster

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
Why are you crying, InkMaster?
Auvee said that Movable Type is supported by x10Hosting. You should smile and say, "Yippee! The weblog software I want is supported." :D

he did? i though he said x10 doenst... :eek:

nicholas

Reaction score
why?....such a simple posting becomes so complicated just because inkmaster thought wrongly about certain posts :D

malokkio

Reaction score
I thought MT isn't supported because it is a server-killer application. Many hosting companies apply some filters to block it. cgi scripts are very expensive in terms of cpu usage. MT is now FREE for personal use, but not open (you mustn't make any changes to the files).
I'm gonna try to install it on my free account..

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Please don't bring back old threads, this is from 2005...

Status
Not open for further replies.