Moved to backup, now php all messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on with my site?

www.elitenick.com

Every single thing I use is giving an error because apparently it's looking in /backup or something

Warning: fopen(/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/usersonline735555555553.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /backup/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/online.php on line 7

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /backup/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/online.php on line 9

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /backup/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/online.php on line 10

Warning: file(/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/usersonline735555555553.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /backup/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/online.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /backup/home/tranceop/public_html/elitenick/online.php on line 13
0 users

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Its trying to open, write and close a file it doesnt have access to. I would try to change some permissions somewhere.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Nah I have them all at 666...it's because I set them to look in the correct directory where they are which is /home/tranceop/elitenick/blahblah but apparently my entire site is loading from a backup because it says no such file found in /backup/tranceop/elitenick ect ect

Well I've temporarily fixed the problem by instead of it looking in the directory starting from the home, I just do the ../ thing to make it look locally.

Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Its not fixed! It all appearing again! Try change it from looking for the images etc. from the backup thing!

TranceOperator

Reaction score
But what if they switch it back then later? then it'll all be messed up again. UGH

im so sick of this

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What are you sick of, the free hosting and excellent plans or the free tech support and good service ? just thought I would ask.

TranceOperator said:
But what if they switch it back then later? then it'll all be messed up again. UGH

im so sick of this

TranceOperator

Reaction score
I am on the pay hosting plan.

I am sick of all the errors that happen day in and day out...there's always a new one everytime I check my site.

I mean comon man...look at my site right now. It's been like that all day. How is that good service? I just had a tutorial I wrote accepted on good-tutorials.com and then this has to happen. I'm sure every person who has clicked it from there has reported it as a broken tutorial now. When you click to download something it gives the Internal Server Error now. There's another thread of I think 5 people who have agreed they are all getting that error...but nothing has been fixed. Honestly. I know Corey has a job, so it seems like there should be others with server access that can fix peoples problems.

Maybe it isn't X10's fault. Maybe my site is just too large of a site for hosting like this. I am probably one of the few using PHP for all of my pages (not a CMS, custom scripted), so I guess all the errors from misconfigurations ect on the server barely anyone else gets, and therefore doesn't complain/care.

Do you see where I'm coming from? I'm not slamming X10. I'm simply speaking my mind about the service I have experienced while being on X10. Yeah, I think my site's past the status of only needing to be hosted on a free hosting service.

Well, that's all I need to say for now. I'm not saying close my account yet, I still need to get a lot of things done but yeah. That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
We all thank you for your "2 cents" and we encourage it. I also have websites up and running on x10 and I have written tutorials on certain subjects (not alot) I suggested something out of experience and you already shot it down, I would try to fix your site personally but I dont feel that is proper either.

We try to keep on top of everything as much as possible, due to all the abuse on the servers its hard to keep up with everything. Corey does more than his best to keep this going and really you have know idea. I`not slamming you or your views, like I said we welcome them.

You are going to find all these problems on ANY server you go to free or not. I`m sorry your having a bad go of it and if anything server side can be done we will do it for you if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.