Moving one website to other

Status
Not open for further replies.

simontkristensen80

Reaction score
I need to move a website from another host (which are using cPanel aswell) and would like to ask how.

It's a CMS system.

-Simon

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Take a backup of your database, and then take a backup of your whole site. Login to cPanel or use ftp and upload everything but the database to your public_html folder. Then import your database into phpmyadmin, and then recreate the user with the same username and password that you had and add it to the database with all permissions.

simontkristensen80

Reaction score
Ok, i'll try that :D

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I have one problem when moving databases:

Code:
#1044 - Access denied for user 'tigerdk'@'localhost' to database 'dkgamer1_jml61'

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Isn't there a way to rename your database? dkgamer1 should be changed to your current cPanel username.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. There is. I found it.

Go to Phpmyadmin
Click on Databases
Then click on the database dkgamer1_jml61
Then click on Operations.
To the right has a field to rename your database: "Rename database to:"
Fill out the new name to tigerdk_jml61
Click on go

After that, make sure that your database user that you created has the same structure as cPanelusername_databaseusername
And that it has all permissions checked when you add it to the database.
After that, go fix your config file in your CMS to the new databaseusername, password, and the databasename.

Last edited:

simontkristensen80

Reaction score
Problem is that it's renaming to dkgamer1_tigerdk_jml61 not tigerdk_jml61

Also an error on site: Infinite loop detected i JError

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Oh and another thing: I've opened the .sql which i should import and renamed everything from dkgamer1 to tigerdk and uploaded.
Only thing now is it isn't showing up in MySQL ony phpmyadmin

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Now I got a Error message from FileZilla uploading my home directory: 552 Disk full - please upload later

Looked it up, and it sounds like the physical HDD is full (not my quota, but where the shared hard drives)

Status
Not open for further replies.