MP3s on Server

benryip

Reaction score
Hey x10 admins,

I've got a question.

For awhile I've been using some storage space to give my little sister CDs that I've bought (I live in Dallas, she's still with my parents in Austin). Is that alright, sharing copyrighted material within a family? Or is it stricly prohibited?

Let me know, so I can take down anything that I've put up for her.

Thanks,
Benry

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
We can't tell if that is actually who you are hosting these files for. It is strictly prohibited by x10hosting to have copyrighted material on the servers.

dest581

Reaction score
But if they are on the server, you'll probably get suspended or deleted.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably suspended before deletion (torrents/proxies are the instant delete ones but even those don't tend to get deleted right away), but even that carrys a 7 day penalty (ads are 4, warez and the like are 7 if memory serves).

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
The time members get suspended is entirely up to the person who suspends them 4 days is just the bare minimum.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
benryip said:
Hey x10 admins,

I've got a question.

For awhile I've been using some storage space to give my little sister CDs that I've bought (I live in Dallas, she's still with my parents in Austin). Is that alright, sharing copyrighted material within a family? Or is it stricly prohibited?

Let me know, so I can take down anything that I've put up for her.

Thanks,
Benry

Haha, why not just burn a copy of the CDs and mail them in a holiday-greeting-card envelope.. they're big enough to store CDs. And for only 37 cents in postage, it's cheaper than wasting electricity uploading those files in the first place