mp4 files upload but disapear, pdf files go to the wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldjohns

Reaction score
I can upload mp4 files that temporarily appear in file manager and also download via my website. After some time (over 1 day)they are gone from file manager. I have an.htaccess file present in file manager so caching should be off . The mp4 files are not particularly large - 15 or 26MB
pdf files stored in file manager download from file manager but go off into another web address when I try to download from my website.

kenny9

Reaction score
From the Terms of Service, found under the "Legal" tab at the bottom right of each page:
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.
This is an automated process that applies to all x10 free sites.

oldjohns

Reaction score
Thanks Kenny.
I did noy notice that. Any insight on the pdf download problem?
Regards,
Jphn

kenny9

Reaction score
If the pdf files are over 10mb, they will be removed also. I had this happen to pdf files I had posted when x10 implemented the limit. I had to break the pdf files into multiple files less than 10mb to keep the content on my site.

oldjohns

Reaction score
Kenny,
The test pdf file are only about 1/4MB so they are sticking. It is just getting lost when downloading from my website, file manager does a normal download. the downloads work for txt,doc files just has a problem with pdf's

kenny9

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is if the file names might have upper case. (File.pdf) is different from (file.pdf); the Unix system operates in lowercase.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Please provide step-by-step instructions to duplicate your issue.

oldjohns

Reaction score
Kenny,
Once again you nailed it. renamed pdf file all lowercase.
pdf now downloads to my download directory, but does not show the display using.../save file selection screen,
I can live with that. I haven't been burned by the linux /windows differences for a long time and had completely forgotten about that.
Thank You
John

Status
Not open for further replies.