MS Exchange + X10

mc se7en

Reaction score
Yes, I know we can't use Exchange on a Linux server. My question here is whether anyone has found a good, free to relatively cheap way to get Exchange working on your own domain, like you would do with Google Apps, while maintaining their site here on X10? I'm just curious because I want push email on my iPod touch (and hopefully my iPhone if all goes as planned in the next few months).

Yes, I know Google Apps can do ActiveSync but I've tried it and it just sucks. It doesn't sync with my desktop mail client (Mail.app on OS X) and it shows a bunch of random crazy folders that don't exist (or at least don't show up) when using IMAP.

My school recently switched to MS Exchange, and while I hate it (especially the awful web interface) I do like being able to FINALLY get my school mail on my iPod and especially the pushiness of it (if that's a word). I like the calendar syncing too, which is something Google has always botched. BUT I don't mind (and actually prefer) using Yahoo for my calendars (custom colors and renaming of main calendar FTW).

So, Exchange mail on an X10-hosted domain. Can it be done?