mtsql_select_db(): warnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-fedexer-

Reaction score
Currently i am applying for php lvl 2 to fix my sessions. But i also seem to be getting an error with the mysql_select_db(); method... which i know for a fact works cause i was using it on my local server on my machine but once uploaded here it is no-longer working :S any ideas?

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in(confidential :p)

thanks
-fedexer-

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You sure the name you're supplying to the function is the right one?

x10 database names are prefixed by your cpanel name if I'm not mistaken (hence mine all start with lw90210_). If you're not putting that on there that'd do it.

If thats not the problem then I'm clueless; the only time I've seen a similar error is when a mysql_query returns an error, and you try to pass the result set to mysql_fetch_row or mysql_fetch_assoc. Mysql_select_db doesn't need anything more than a string though :S

-fedexer-

Reaction score
Re: mysql_select_db(): warnings?

yes i am aware of this and had made the appropriate changes to all my code to take this into account.. but as you can see the error is still displayed...

Edit: Ahha... figured out my problem , although i had read about the sql server problems.. i forgot to change my db connecting script.. it was still connecting to localhost, so now its fixed as i have it connecting to 'mysql.x10hosting.com' , thanks anyway for replying live ;)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If you need any additional support, please re-open this!

Status
Not open for further replies.