Multi Language Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

binhorbsoft98

Reaction score
I joined you on Saturday and I'm going to create my site. I intended to create a multi-language site, but the item 3 of the terms of service says that is only allowed sites in English, French or Spanish, but says nothing about multi-language sites. It's allowed to make a site with English and Portuguese (not only Portuguese, but all pages will have at least in Portuguese and English versions)? I liked the x10hosting and have talked to several friends, others have joined you too!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Other languages are allowed as long as you have a manual translation of at least one of the required languages and an easy to find link to that translation in your site.

binhorbsoft98

Reaction score
Thank you, Calistoy! Taking advantage: you are a Free Support Volunteer. How can I become a Free Support Volunteer too? x10hosting could better support in Portuguese and I can help it!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, calistoy has enough seniority and privileges (based on his participation in these forums) that he's allowed to create his own title and has deep access into the system (well, deeper than the default, in any case). See the User Groups thread under Useful Information for more on forum user privileges.

There are a couple of ways to help in the support forums. The first is to accumulate at least 300 posts in the forums (other than in the Support areas), then you'll be granted permission to reply here. The other is to accumulate at least 50 postings, then apply to help using this form. You can start by helping out in the Programming Help and Scripts & 3rd Party Apps areas -- even if you can't actually answer the question, you can act as a translator to make the question accessible to someone who can answer, then make the answer accessible to the person who asked the question. (Spotting the Portugese or Brazilian Portugese leftovers from a Google or Babelfish translation isn't hard, and the English produced can often be misleading.) We'd be glad to have you aboard.

binhorbsoft98

Reaction score
Thanks Essellar and Calistoy. I created the first page in my site in Portuguese with translation in English. It's a poor translation, because I used Google Translator (to make faster), but I'll rivise after, maybe thursday. In this reply, I don't used Google Translator: I'm still learning English. Take Easy :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.