multiple accounts

tecda

Reaction score
Hi,

I edit the web pages for a community dance group, We need a new hosting solution.

I myself have used x10 hosting for a long time, although I haven't used it very much.

If we use x10 hosting for this dance group's web pages, I think I should create a separate account for this, so that if someone else takes over from me as "web master" they could take over the account.

So I created this account; but then I saw the terms&conditions that said I should not have multiple accounts. Is it ok to have multiple accounts for this reason, or must I create the web site for the dance group under my personal account?

In related matters, I would like to ask to enable SSL for this account. Unless the answer to the previous question is that I should delete this account and use my personal one instead, in which case I guess I'll be posting here asking to enable SSL for my personal account.

thanks,
ajr

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
according to the terms, you are only allowed 1 account per same registered ip address.
so having more than one account is not allowed under the new rules for free hosting.
there was exceptions to this rule if your account was before a certain date.
as higher ups decided against the free multi accounts recently.

tecda

Reaction score
Well, that's sad if it would mean I couldn't using x10hosting for my community dance group.

But in any case I guess it means I need to delete this account now. How do I do that? I don't see an option to delete an account.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you could still use x10hosting for your community dance group,
provided its contained within the 1 account your allowed.

its only problematic if you were to try to create more than one x10 account on the same ip address.