Multiple Services at Your Price

Hazirak

Reaction score
I need some cliche intro lines here, I'm running out... which is fairly sad, considering the number of threads I've started!

I could call this a revolutionary idea, but as soon as I did someone would prove me wrong - tonight, I'm willing to offer my services for whatever is needed and whatever I can do. This includes:

• HTML/xHTML Strict, Transitional, and Frameset (guaranteed valid according to the W3C's HTML validator)
  • CSS (guaranteed valid according to the W3C's CSS validator)
  • JavaScript
  • XML (including RSS feeds)
  • PHP
  • Flash (ActionScript 2.0 and up to Flash Player 9)
I'm also willing to design custom templates, whole pages, or even entire websites, guaranteed to contain valid HTML and CSS, and any PHP output will be valid as well.

So, what would you expect to pay for any of this? You might want to hold onto that number, because that's what you'll be paying. That's right - I'm basically willing to do any of the above for tips. If you think what I've created is complete garbage and isn't even worth trying to get corrected, then please don't pay me a thing. If you think its a truly excellent and well-written solution, then I only expect to recieve what you expect to pay. I'm not going to hold your script, website, or whatever hostage if I don't like your price - I'm only asking for what you feel is fair (whether that be a million credits, a quick rep boost, or nothing at all), and a little patience (once in a while, I do decide to have something resembling a life... ;)).

Interested? Send me a PM, email (godseth1(at)gmail(dot)com), or feel free to bug me on AIM (Hazirak)... or I suppose you could just post here, though I might not reply as soon.

Of course, I do reserve the ability to cancel this offer at any time, though that will likely only happen if school and work start getting too busy for me to continue this. Hopefully it won't come to that, though!

Sohail

Reaction score
Do you have any examples of your work for us to see?

Hazirak

Reaction score
Certainly!

There is of course my current website, along with the last version that existed before I discovered x10 (along with its alternate HTML version). I do have more, but I honestly feel like these are the three best I have to offer. The rest are honestly quite old - there was a pretty long gap between the time I stopped doing web design and the time I took it up again and started learning PHP and JavaScript.

For anyone who might be more interested in a bit of the inner workings of my current site:

The wallpapers page actually updates itself, in a matter of speaking - I threw together a PHP script that takes a directory, checks that directory for preview images, displays them, creates links to the appropriate wallpapers, decides when one row should end and another should begin, and when one page should end and another should begin. The same script will skip all of this if a specific preview image is identified in the URL, and just display that one with its appropriate links. I would copy and paste pieces of the script, but it's honestly much quicker and easier to explain it like this... for both me and those who read this.

The same page also contains a working RSS feed (odd as it might sound, I keep it on my iGoogle page, mostly to make sure it's working).

The options page uses JavaScript to both dynamically change the color scheme by swapping stylesheets as you roll over each option, and to set the value of a hidden text field. The text field's value is passed to the next page and used as the value for a cookie. The head in each page has a small PHP script set to check for this cookie and load the appropriate stylesheet if the cookie exists.

Hazirak

Reaction score
No takers? I'm still looking for something to do, haven't gotten very busy yet...

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, I would like a few things, but those are totally useless until I get a domain.
Only 6300 more credits!
I like your website; I am downloading a few of your avatars for my computer. ;)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I sent you a PM. Hopefully we can work out some ideas.

Hazirak

Reaction score
aopsftw - thanks for the compliment! :)

Montana - Read your message, we'll see what we can work out.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Hey man I'm a total newb and I'd love your help in designing something. I want to create a comments section for my site, where users can put a nickname, their email which only I could see, and a comment which would be published. Their comment would be published at the bottom of the respective story that they are commenting on. I don't even know where to begin, I looked at some codes online but it was all Italian to me, so even if you borrowed and modified someone else's code that would be a big help. Let me know,
Calvin

Edit:
Alright, listen up everybody who has not taken up his offer:

Do it.

DO IT NOW.

I just had him design a comments section for me. Not only did I avoid the hassle of having to try and teach myself PHP, but when I was retarded and couldn't get it to work, he coached me through it over MSN, helping me troubleshoot until it was implemented. And it works awesome. I never could have done it myself (I know that comment sections are suppossed to be easy, but I say never because I would have taken my own life if I had to put up with the setbacks he did:p). Anyways, I can't recommend his services enough, so just take him up on his offer.

Last edited:

Hazirak

Reaction score
Glad I could help.

Still taking offers for anyone interested.

mysticgfx

Reaction score
I created a hover over member legend for IPB and i'm having problems with the JavaScript do you think you could help?

Hazirak

Reaction score
I can certainly try. Send me a PM or IM or something and we'll work something out.