my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodfoot9

Reaction score
ok i was like a really really old member on this forums i saw this email in my account and i want to know why i can no longer create a domain ? ?
Image below shows.

666.png

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you clarify what problem you are encountering? The image you attached doesn't mention anything about an email nor about a domain. You currently don't have a hosting account attached to your forum account, is this part of the issue? If it is, just follow the links there to create a hosting account.

Last edited:

goodfoot9

Reaction score
Could you clarify what problem you are encountering? The image you attached doesn't mention anything about an email nor about a domain. You currently don't have a hosting account attached to your forum account, is this part of the issue? If it is, just follow the links there to create a hosting account.
You currently don't have a hosting account attached to your forum accoun

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you saying you once had a Free Hosting Account and that you don't know where it went?

If so, what was your cPanel username? What was your domain name? When was the last time you saw your site working?

What did the email say?

goodfoot9

Reaction score
Are you saying you once had a Free Hosting Account and that you don't know where it went?

If so, what was your cPanel username? What was your domain name? When was the last time you saw your site working?

What did the email say?

i never had a cpanel name, or a domain name, this account is from before they had that server upgrade.

goodfoot9

Reaction score
Then what is your problem?

this is what it says:

Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account. This could be the result of a different scenarios:

• An older account was removed as the result of inactivity.
  • A past account has been terminated for breaching our Terms of Service.
  • You have never had a hosting account.

Whatever the reason, you can always sign up for a hosting account now.

If you believe that this is a mistake you may open a support ticket here.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
So what?

If you never had a cPanel username or a domain name, you never had a Free Hosting Account. Forum Accounts do not come with an automatic Free Hosting Account. You have to apply for one.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If your account was suspended during the last move (as in before the move began), then the account wasn't copied over. It was made known via the News/Announcements forums that you would have to request the account be restored.

The deadline to request said restore passed several months ago; we don't have backups that old anymore, so if the account wasn't copied over, we can't re-copy it now.

It's also possible it was suspended for inactivity (failure to login to the forums once every 14 or 30 days depending how old the account was) and then terminated 14 days later when an unsuspension request wasn't entered through the account panel.

You're still welcome to create a new account, but we can't recover the old one at this point - the old backups from when we did the major maintainence have long-since been erased and replaced with more up to date ones :/

Edit: Or what descalzo and calistoy said. If you've never actually -had- an account, then that's why it's showing an error.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, if you never had a cPanel username nor a domain name, then you obviously never had a hosting account. You can create one if you want to. Otherwise, I don't know why you are showing us this obvious error without explaining what is wrong with it.

goodfoot9

Reaction score
it says i cannot create another account because i already have on for this IP. which is this account.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it actually saying you've got an existing account, or is it saying you can't sign up because it's detecting you're trying to use a proxy to sign up?

What's the -exact- error it's giving you when you try to sign up (not the one that says you don't have one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.