My cPanel is low in disk space but I haven't used much of it yet?

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering why the cPanel on my free webhost displays a message of

"Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at /home/andie on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

"

It's kind of weird because I have not yet used much of the disk space yet. I only installed symfony and zend framework on my two subdomains.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
henk: Won't help.

savior: Pinged an admin to let them know; there's no blatantly violating accounts I can clear (2-4 weeks ago we had 2 accounts hosting 15gb worth of movies, that made it easy), so my guess is logs got built up somewhere. Admins'll get it cleared up.

For-everyone: This error's not account-specific, it's server wide, so it's not something you caused (unless you're dumping a crapton of large files onto us).

nastus

Reaction score
If you look on the main page, UNMETERED Disk Space <--- but of course it has to be within reason, not to mention legal

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Free hosting's disk space is 'unmetered', meaning the only limit is what the servers can handle. With how many users there are, and the amount of the users that abuse our servers, there is a bound to be a point at some time where this will come up.