My feedback

BlueIce

Reaction score
I have been to other free webhosts before, and my site goes down most of the time and the features are not that good. I came upon x10 and I was amazed at how they give a lot of features for just a free host. So I decided to join this morning. I went to my cPanel and I was at first overwhelmed with the many buttons. Please don't mistake this to a negative feedback, because I was happy with how x10 tries to help us customize our site with the many features in the cPanel.

So anyway, I did the necessary thing in constructing my website, and now I'm on the modifying stage. Now I have a question...

Is it possible to specify the path for my files, and make my URL a lot more cleaner? My site is mysite.x10hosting.com/folder/ and what I want is to specify the URL to my files to mysite.x10hosting.com/folder so that whenever people go to my site it will only be http://mysite.x10hosting.com/

It's really much cleaner and the URL is shorter and easier to memorize. It is done using a subdomain manager, but I didn't find it in my CP. I searched through the forum but to no avail, and I really want to shorten my URL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Edit- You can email me through blueice7@fastmail.fm
Thanks!

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You can expect more replies if you can post this in the free hosting forums....

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You can take everything out of /folder and just put it in your root directory. Otherwise to do what you're saying you will have to use "mod_rewrite". It is more for advanced web developers though.

If you wanted to go the mod rewrite route just do a google search for "mod rewrite tutorial"

-Corey

Slothie

Reaction score
Or you could use an index.php with the following code

PHP:
<?php
header('Location: mysite.x10hosting.com/folder/');
?>

Last edited: