My first two websites

ilsonowl

Reaction score
cg drums will go live (ie. .co.uk) when we have gathered some feedback. again, its only simple.

techie3

Reaction score
It looks very nice and professional. Great Job! I'm very impressed with it, considering you are just learning. Which software did you use?

I did encounter two problems: (1) An error message appeared that "additional plugins" are required to view the website correctly (first 2 websites), (2) It took too long for the website to download, although this may be a problem on my side.

Images usually are kept to about 50 KB. Otherwise, web surfers may not wait for the complete download, and may simply go off to another website.

djalam

Reaction score
Your Header is way too big, maybe its ok on your screen resolution but it seems big enough to cover more then half the page. Plus try using another image for header, its not very inviting to see some unknown person's head shots. But as far as the background image it looks good and the link highlight looks great.

ilsonowl

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback.

i suppose the CGdrums one is more important. That's going to actually be a working business website rather than the other which i was just playing with. links to my old band and stuff. I owned the domain name from way back but no hosting so when i found x10 i began learning and playing then just redirected the domain, so its not particularly professional.

I knew a little html from back in the band blogging and dreamweaver with a load of other adobe stuff was installed on the laptop i bought so whilst i was bored at university i thought i'd start learning html, xhtml and css from the w3schools website. will try and read through the php and javascript tutorials.

so yes, the cgdrums one in the main is ok?? any real specific nit picks. (doin it all for free for him by the way, i know some charge a fortune for a basic website! but its a favour, and his current website looks horrible)

thanks again.

http://www.matthenshaw.x10hosting.com/cgdrums

Last edited:

horlogers

Reaction score
CG Drums looks more professional than Censored Online ^^

Actually, your CG Drums' design is pretty great, not to complicated, but professional and great looking. Good job =D

jwest007

Reaction score
Very Impressive i have been designing my own website for the last couple of years and i am still working on my graphics/ html/ css work.

ilsonowl

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

I will strt working on some other things soon and some updates but the easter holidays bring many distractions.