• I hated it and hope you die!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hated it and hope I die!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

futomara

Reaction score
Hello All,

Not only am I posting my first web site, but this is my first post, so I hope that doesn't discourage comments.

A little background... I became disabled almost 10 years ago. To improve my quality of life, I enrolled in the local community college and took a basic course in hand coding in HTML and CSS. My site is a slightly modified version of my final assignment. My classmates encouraged me to take the site public, so here it is.

My site: http://www.spunchops.com

I'd like feedback of all sorts (not just the following):

• Do you like the overall site design?
  • Do pages load fast?
  • Is this a site you will show to others?
  • After viewing the site, did you have a good laugh?
  • What can be done to improve the site?
I would really appreciate a critique of my site. And, in advance, thank you to all those willing to take the time and help me out.

Regards,

~Futomara

Awesomexr

Reaction score
I like your site. I see you've put effort into making it w3c valid - which is good. There's only one thing wrong with it, it all seems a little "packed in" if you know what I mean - check out that blank side on the left. Perhaps you want to spread things out a bit more?

futomara

Reaction score
Thank you for such a quick response and your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Blank left side? There should be rotating photos there? Do you have javascript disabled?

~Futomara

futomara

Reaction score
Blank right side? lol

I have Google AdSense there. Are you perhaps using some sort of ad blocking?

Awesomexr

Reaction score
Blank right side? lol

I have Google AdSense there. Are you perhaps using some sort of ad blocking?

It's probably just my resolution then, just shows a blank side of the page. Perhaps you want to center your whole page? That'l even it out on all resolutions. You could also add a favicon.

futomara

Reaction score
Yes, I do plan on re-working the site for sizing issues. When I coded the site, I used absolute positioning extensively instead of floats. Lesson learned! Again, thank you for your feedback.

dquigley

Reaction score
Very interesting site, great layout, and the colors were not too harsh. The name seemed a bit odd tbh. Maybe making the wc3 icons a bit smaller would help too. Good luck.

btfog

Reaction score
Great Site! Very, very impressive! One small suggestion though, whether or not you choose to do anything about it, I didn't like the words above the rotating images on the left side of the page. Anyway... whatever. Great Site Still!

edyel190

Reaction score
  • Do you like the overall site design?
yeah, it's nice, not a lot of colour but nice.

• Do pages load fast?
Yes, it was pretty fast.

• Is this a site you will show to others?
Not really, because I'm not into these kind of things, but surely many people will get very informative your site.

• After viewing the site, did you have a good laugh?
yeah xD

• What can be done to improve the site?
try to get more colour to your website.

futomara

Reaction score
The site has been totally overhauled and updated... I contemplated starting a new threead, but will continue this one, unless it gets no new responses. But I would appreciate comments as before. Thanks!!!